Onan homesite power 6500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hello and thank-you for any time.

Ive had the gen maybe 12 years, guy I bought it from worked for Onan, said he never used it, tags still on it.

I started it once, never used it and put it away.

Fast forward about a week ago I dug it out, I need it at my campsite. Battery junk but I poured gas in it and pulled cord and it immediately fired up and sounded good. Let it run for a few minutes and I noticed gas dripping, rotten fuel line.

Shut it off and today put the battery on charger just for the heck of it and I bought new line.

Installed new line, hooked battery up incorrectly just for the briefest of seconds ( soon as I saw that spark I disconnected ) and I mean just an instant second attempted to start and nothing.

Did some investigating and I have no spark?

I looked over wires, disconnected and reconnected wires just looking for a loose whatever and nothing.

Checked my oil level and full. Bypassed oil shutoff switch ( I think ) and still no spark. Flywheel had alot of minor surface rust, I 320 it and blew it all off, still no spark.

Electrical is not my thing but I need to get this fixed.

Dont know if the battery thing is related, hard to believe it would be.

Its getting gas, just no spark!

Attachments

• P6500_500.jpg
    P6500_500.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 12
That instant may have been long enough to blow a protective fuse. Look in the main lines from the battery to starting circuitry.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom