Dolphin will not start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liuhisn

Hello to all. I have just come into possession of a 95 Dolphin that will not turn over. I am thinking that the main battery is the culprit. I charged it for an hour and attempted to start the rv but it just won?t turn over. The RV has been sitting for awhile and the battery is about 2.5 years old. Will pick up a new battery tomorrow. If that is not it, is there a fuel shutoff switch somewhere ? Battery 850 Cca 150 amp reserve

Liuhisn said:
Hello to all. I have just come into possession of a 95 Dolphin that will not turn over. I am thinking that the main battery is the culprit. I charged it for an hour and attempted to start the rv but it just won?t turn over. The RV has been sitting for awhile and the battery is about 2.5 years old. Will pick up a new battery tomorrow. If that is not it, is there a fuel shutoff switch somewhere ? Battery 850 Cca 150 amp reserve

If the engine will not turn over at all the problem is not a fuel shutoff, which I doubt it has anyway.

If not the battery, the likely possibilities are:
1. Ignition switch
2. Starter motor relay
3. Starter motor
4. Corroded connections between battery & starter

It doesn't have a fuel shut-off, nor would that prevent cranking the engine if there was one.

Could also be the neutral safety switch , wiggle the shift lever or bypass the switch as a test

The usual charging of a battery for 1 hour will do nothing if the battery is low or dead. It takes anywhere up to 24 hours or more to charge a battery under normal circumstances.

Does the starter engage Do you hear any sounds.. NO SOUND is electrical. If you hear it CLUNK. it may be a locked starter or it may be a sized engine the latter is expensive the former not so much .

Thank you for all of the tips! Today I checked the connections on the chassis batteries and put the main battery on the charger overnight. It wants to start running but just doesn?t have enough power even with the start boost engaged. I?m thinking it may be an ignition switch or a fuel issue. There are only 34k miles on the RV. Hoping for just a loose wire! Suggestions?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom