Any alternate source for Winnebago coach parts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeFromMesa

I am in the process of buying a slightly used Winnebago ERA Class B RV and think I need to get the screen that covers the back doors when they are open. I checked with the local dealer and was told that the price was more than $550 so I am interested in knowing if this sort of thing is available from some other source. I thought if there was some other source someone on this forum might know.

I have used the two places suggested by John with good service. The biggest problem is they charge you a big price for shipping from the factory to their facility and then charge you another big price for shipping to you. You usually can not get a price commitment from them until you check your credit card.

Thanks to both of you. I will bookmark these places and keep them in mind for when we actually pick up the ERA.

I have to admit that I was stunned by the price that Winnebago wanted for the back screen covering. I had assumed that it would be something like $100, but never thought it would be more than $550.

Much of what is in or on an RV, especially body parts & furnishings, is low volume specialty stuff and the price are steep. Worse than that, they are not frequently unavailable after current production models stop using the part. RV manufacturers generally do not produce or buy new parts solely for sale as replacements.

Some items come from regular industry sources, e.g. appliances, plumbing, lighting, etc. and are more widely available, often direct from the component manufacturer or retail RV parts stores (check online).  It's the stuff that is unique to Winnebago or just one model that can be difficult to find and expensive.

I've used Mobility RV in Hanlontown, Iowa which is just east of Forest City.  Their website is winnebagoparts.com.

winona said:
I've used Mobility RV in Hanlontown, Iowa which is just east of Forest City.  Their website is winnebagoparts.com.

More on Mobility RV. They are located about 45 miles from the Winnebago factory in Forest City. They buy surplus  parts from Winnebago.

When you contact them they will ask for your coaches serial number and VIN. They will then look up your coach and tell you if they have the original matching part and its price.

I have used them several times.

Another source is Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, Iowa.  They are located about a mile from the Winnebago factory.  They can find parts as well. 

https://www.lichtsinn.com/?utm_source=Google-Places&utm_medium=Google-Places-Clicks&utm_campaign=Google-Places-Organic

I don't know if either will have lower prices.

Safe travels.  JD

Ebay has one for $295.  Sprinter Upgrades has one for $417.  You could also check with Marine/Auto Upholstery shops to see if they can create one for you.  Pretty basic.

JakeR said:
Ebay has one for $295.  Sprinter Upgrades has one for $417.  You could also check with Marine/Auto Upholstery shops to see if they can create one for you.  Pretty basic.

Thank you for all of the information, and I will keep these places as possible sources. For this RV however, my wife and I went back to check on something and she saw the same model, but in a new 2018 version, looked at the inside and outside and said "I want this one!" leaving me and the sales guy in no doubt as to her meaning. The new one has the screen, so I just saved $554, but spend a lot more than that on the new version instead of the used one.

Figures ...

MikeFromMesa said:
[...]she saw the same model, but in a new 2018 version, looked at the inside and outside and said "I want this one!" leaving me and the sales guy in no doubt as to her meaning.[...]
LOL - we've all been there. She who must be obeyed.  :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom