Winter Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobbyg2013

From Kingman, AZ, I want to travel along the coast of CA on highway #1 so I need to know where I should " catch" this road and go south to avoid poor weather during the first week of January. In other words, how far north can I go to catch #1 before the weather gets too bad (i.e. nothing below 65 days and 50 at night).

What will you be traveling in?  I seem to remember somewhere I read that RV's were either prohibited or strongly discouraged from traveling on that road.  I'm sure smarter people than me will chime in!

Part of Hwy 1 fell into the ocean last fall,  My brother was Supervisor of the road crew that was tasked to fix it. 

He told me that due to low taxes in CA.  They had to economize and only fix every other 1/2 mile and it is a  secret which ones were fixed and which ones have band aids on them.. :-X :-X ;D

While it's generally warmer along the coast at night, day time highs can be well below 65?.  We're in So Cal, about 20 miles from the coast.  In our area, January lows can be in the 30's and highs in the upper 40's.  That's unusual, but it can and does happen. 

Long term forecast for So Cal is warmer than average next year due to expected El Nino conditions.  Still, there's no way to guaranty you'll have warm weather.  Suggest you just go and enjoy it.  Bring warm clothe and some extra blankets.  Depending on how much time you have, I'd start at Fort Bragg. 

Oh, and with the warmer weather that El Nino brings, there could be lots of rain. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom