Shower Plumbing Access / Mirror Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

2000 Adventurer 37G.  Has a mirror on the wall on passenger side, shower is on other side of this wall.  We aren't big fans of mirrors everywhere, we know how old we are, and we know the dimensions of the interior, so a mirror making it seem bigger doesn't excite us, and they all do it.

In the interest of safety, it seems to be mounted very securely, although visually, there are just the 4 mirror mounts, 2 on top 2 on bottom.  I removed the top 2, loosened the bottom 2.  Mirror does not budge.  My guess is that it is fixed to the wall with adhesive?  Really strong velcro?  Or possibly some mechanical means?  Magic?  Another assumption is that it covers an access to the back side of the shower plumbing.  The only other possibility is to remove the One Place panel and work through it?  Is that the way? 

Reason for question is I kind of like to know how to get to something if the need arises, being a 2000, I am sure someone has decided to change out something in the past, maybe from the knowledge pool here I can figure it out without smashing a mirror.

In the bedroom there is an access hole in the wall concealed by a picture frame, figured they probably did something similar for the shower plumbing.

Thanks in advance.

Very likely some strips of the foam "mirror tape", which is often very clingy.  We had to remove one that was a set of beveled glass sections, about 6" wide and 6 ft tall and every section had a strip of the tape at top, bottom and center.

Try sliding a long spatula in from the edges of the mirror and see if it will cut through the tape. Another "trick" is to use a long thin wire as a saw.  Slide it behind the mirror  top and pull/saw it toward the bottom to cut through the foam tape or adhesive. Wrapping the ends of the wire around a piece of wood makes for a handle to protect your hands as you pull. Or buy one like these:https://www.ebay.com/bhp/wire-saw

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Very likely some strips of the foam "mirror tape", which is often very clingy.  We had to remove one that was a set of beveled glass sections, about 6" wide and 6 ft tall and every section had a strip of the tape at top, bottom and center.

Try sliding a long spatula in from the edges of the mirror and see if it will cut through the tape. Another "trick" is to use a long thin wire as a saw.  Slide it behind the mirror  top and pull/saw it toward the bottom to cut through the foam tape or adhesive. Wrapping the ends of the wire around a piece of wood makes for a handle to protect your hands as you pull. Or buy one like these:https://www.ebay.com/bhp/wire-saw

I'll bet an old guitar sting would work good.

Yeah, that makes sense, but have to wonder if there is an access panel or hole to get at the plumbing.  Would they have sealed it off?  Has anyone looked?

Access (or not) is probably going to be year/make/model AND floor plan dependent.  I don't know if Winnebago typically provides that, but even if the do, there are likely to be individual layouts that have or lack it.

Well, it would seem as though they would need that access during the build, but U have been to factory and watched how these babies are assembled, like putting in appliances before walls and doors.  I took another look and the One Place would not give access.  So, the only way to the back side of the shower controls would be through that wall.  Now, there is a pocket door between the bedroom and bathroom, there is an access area to adjust the inside roller.  If they made that one, it stands to reason they would do that for plumbing.  The alignment is right. 

They seem to have planned much out, for instance on the roof there is a mark to drill, size to drill, to get to Satellite connection. 

PancakeBill said:
Well, it would seem as though they would need that access during the build, but U have been to factory and watched how these babies are assembled, like putting in appliances before walls and doors.  I took another look and the One Place would not give access.  So, the only way to the back side of the shower controls would be through that wall.  Now, there is a pocket door between the bedroom and bathroom, there is an access area to adjust the inside roller.  If they made that one, it stands to reason they would do that for plumbing.  The alignment is right. 

They seem to have planned much out, for instance on the roof there is a mark to drill, size to drill, to get to Satellite connection.

To gain access to my shower valve piping, all I need to do is remove four screws on the 4 corners of my valve assembly and pull it out to get to the piping on the backside. Have you tried that?

Call Winnebago Owner Relations and ask them. Most (all?) of the guys answering phone worked on the production line and/or were a factory tech - a good bunch of knowledgeable guys.

On my 2003 Adventurer 38G, the shower plumbing access is through a removable panel in the wainscoting under the mirror

John,  I sent in a email last night.

John Looking at the wainscoting doesn't appear to be any sort of panel, but that is probably the spot.  Thanks.I will leave the mirror alone.

PancakeBill said:
John,  I sent in a email last night.

John Looking at the wainscoting doesn't appear to be any sort of panel, but that is probably the spot.  Thanks.I will leave the mirror alone.

On my wainscoting, there are 4 half round trim pieces, The 2 middle ones are on the removable panel and the 2 outside are on the fixed wainscoting

That panel is most likely thin Luan with vinyl 'wallpaper.' If you do need access, you can mark an area and cut with a box cutter. It will take quite a few passes with the box cutter but it will make a good clean edge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom