Modifying A Bunkhouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodwha

We?ve been contemplating full time RVing for potentially a few years. We have a 9 yr old daughter and she will need her own space. Many of the RVs within the weight ratings don?t have an actual bedroom but are bunkhouses. We certainly don?t require that much sleeping space and I?ve been pondering how difficult or feasible it would be to totally rework this area.

The outdoor kitchen is a must and I?ve been contemplating if there?s any reason why I could remove the section of the lower bunk beyond the wall that contains the outdoor kitchen. This would give a little space to become ?the room.? And the area left covering the kitchen would become storage.

Next I?ve wondered about cutting out the additional bed area of the top bunk to open that ?room? up. Thinking I could leave a small portion of the top bunk to create a shelf and below it up against the back wall a closet could be installed. Also figuring a bit of framing along the edge of the top bunk bracing it against the forward wall (opposite of the pantry) to give it rigidity.

Also thinking I could keep the exterior storage but shortening it to the depth of the closet I?d add.

This is one of my favored trailers:

Has anyone undertaken a project such as this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom