2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TxCoast

We found a used 2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004. It has only 4500 miles. We were not able to test drive, it was being washed and cleaned when we saw it. Husband was able to turn it on and listen to the the engine, only showed 175hrs on the engine. He did walk around, climbed up to the roof, pointed out some small recaulking on the roof. The salesman said it was an older couple who brought it in and the dealer bought it from them rather than consignment.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this model? How it handles? Any other thoughts & opinions are greatly appreciated. Also, I was going to run a VIN check through Carfax, unless you guys recommend something else.

Thanks in advance.

Will do. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.
Thank you Jim!

You can learn a fair amount about it by viewing the 2016 Baystar brochure at https://newmarcorp-8c1e.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf-archive/2016-bay-star--bay-star-sport-.pdf

Newmar is a mid-highline coach manufacturer so their products are generally well designed and constructed compared to the general run of RVs.  That doesn't mean they never made a lemon, but they mostly avoid cheap shortcuts.  Newmar has a good reputation in the RV industry, but the industry as a whole is hardly the epitome of quality.

I think the Sport is the lower-priced variant of the Baystar, so its probably lacking a few of the amenities and features of the mainline Baystar. You should be able to identify key differences by comparing the two models in the brochure.

Back
Top Bottom