Question about two different RV's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeKan

Hello,
I'm having a hard time deciding this and was hoping and could get feedback and opinions on this matter. I'm going have to go out of town in about a month for work. This is going to last probably at least 6 months. Hotels are out of the question because I simply don't like them. I love the RV, Travel Trailer, etc experience as we have had 2 TT in the past. This is the route I'm wanting to go but trying to decide which one has been hard. I really want to boon dock or stealth camp but I'll be going in the winter where the mid-west winters can either be extremely cold or mild.
I have a choice of either a old vintage Avion TT that needs "some" work but can be used immediately. I don't know how long Wal Mart would let me stay the night unless I go to different ones. The problem will be I will have to tow it everywhere I go. How well insulated are these? I've heard they are insulated but haven't talked to anyone personally about this.
The other option I have is a slide in truck camper and is in good condition and a great price. This has a canvas top that raises and lowers. My concern with this is for those nights where the wind chill could get around 0, how well will a ceramic heater work?
BTW, I plan on buying a quiet generator for electricity.
Thanks for any help, suggests and advice.
Peace,
Joe

The Midwest in a poorly insulated RV will be miserable. If you decide to do this, don?t do stealth camping. You need a consistent electrical hookup, a bulk propane tank, and then you should skirt the trailer. Forget about the pickup camper; you will never be warm in it. You will also need a way to empty your waste tanks. In other words, find an all-season campground with heated water taps.

Thank you! I was thinking the same about the truck camper too. If fact, the owner of the truck camper told me not to use it during the winter. I'm praying for a mild winter :)

Canvas leaks heat like an open window!  Non starter!!!

Stealth is a non starter as UTT said.  You must have a reliable electric source and the ability to get water and dump tanks.  There is no such thing as a quiet generator - just some quieter than others.  For a 6 month winter assignment, an apartment is a good option!!

Back
Top Bottom