rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Emergency Motorhome Driving  (Read 1140 times)

cadee2c

• ---
  • Follow your arrow wherever it points
Re: Emergency Motorhome Driving
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2018, 11:56:58 AM »
Ditto to Ardra and Judy said. It really is important that the other adult knows how to drive, and its alot easier to learn when theres no stress than it is during an emergency. There are some places in this country that even Verizon wont work. If theres a medical emergency, someones gonna have to drive the rig to get help. In some cases, its a matter of life or death where a few minutes makes the difference.  Most of the people not wanting to learn are really just intimidated. You drivers all know how easy it really is once you practice. Please encourage them to learn. Any of them would feel guilty forever if something happened to you because they didnt.
Caryl- Pilot
Mister Hank - Co-pilot and homeland security

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

May the Llama of Happiness forever spit in your direction

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2018, 05:39:18 PM »
Ditto to Ardra and Judy said. It really is important that the other adult knows how to drive, and its alot easier to learn when theres no stress than it is during an emergency. There are some places in this country that even Verizon wont work. If theres a medical emergency, someones gonna have to drive the rig to get help. In some cases, its a matter of life or death where a few minutes makes the difference.  Most of the people not wanting to learn are really just intimidated. You drivers all know how easy it really is once you practice. Please encourage them to learn. Any of them would feel guilty forever if something happened to you because they didnt.

If it were only that easy.  But I am here to tell you, it's not going to happen.  Yes, she is intimidated.  She freaks out watching me park the thing.  And I'm not going to force it on my wife.  It will end up being a bigger disaster than any emergency would have been.  I am not going to create an emergency trying to prevent one.  You have to trust me on this.  I fully understand about being away in a place where help may not be readily available, but what I am saying is, my wife pulling the 5th wheel ain't gonna happen.  It's a consequence she (we) will just have to deal with.  And I know there are others like my wife out there. 
Ed.....KF5INW
MSgt, USAF, Retired
2019 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
2010 Forest River Wildcat 28RKBS
"I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!"

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2018, 09:16:50 AM »
I donít understand why people want to force someone to do something they are not comfortable with. Just because you are comfortable driving an RV doesnít mean everyone else will be. As this post has shown there are alternatives in an emergency. The best option in an emergency is 911. There will always be options as to what to do with the RV later.   
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit