Has curiosity almost killed your cat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joezeppy

To avoid turning the LED flashlight post into a cat post...

My daughter brought her 2 cats home from college this weekend and they spent 4 days in the 5th wheel with us. Before heading back to school she brought them to our house for a couple of hours but we segregated them on our screen porch to keep them and our 3 cats apart. They can't get lost in a 16'x20' space, right? Wrong. The porch ceiling is not yet finished and both cats managed to climb either a step ladder or a 4x4 post up and into the open soffit. At one point, one of the cats climbed all the way up into the peak about 18' off the ground. Took four of us about a half hour to retrieve them both...and we have the scars to prove it! Our cats go out there all the time and have never gotten into trouble but guess what just got moved up on my Honey-Do list?  ::)

Lol, we lost our cat one time in our camper and thought maybe she got out, although we didn't know how that was possible without anyone noticing. We ended up finding her under the fridge hiding from the dog!

Before retracting your slides it's a good idea to make sure you know the location of all pets.  Some people have almost lost cats who were hiding within the slide!  Depending on the slide configuration, it could be worse than a problem if one gets caught under there!

ArdraF

My cats, as the RV shipped,  could not get under the bedroom slide if it was full in or full out but half way (well even a few inches one way or the other and ZIP they were under.

I finally cut a portal so they can go in and out of that area any time they wish was easier then trying to make sure they could not make the trip.

Cats are very creative. Mine would disappear, I was convinced she had been left outside overnight then she would jump on the bed at an awful hour wanting attention. I never did figure out where she hid.

Well one time we brought home a little St Patricks day pin made from a pipe cleaner and very small safety pin.  Wife laid it on her dresser and noticed the next morning it was gone. We looked all over before deciding that either  one of the cats or the dog ate it.  So it became a question of which one. We started watching all of them closely and finally the oldest cat started showing signs of being in some distress so we hustled her off to the vet and asked for an xray.  Xray done ($80 ca ching) showed nothing but the cat did eject a hair ball shortly after.  Nothing in the hair ball.
    Did I mention that this was over year ago?  So a few weeks ago I am walking across the living room and what should appear dead center but the St Patrick pin.  No I have no clue where it was or how it got there.

Bill

On the new coach the bed slide was open when retracted. If the slide was extended, it could have been deadly for the cat who, of course, loved that hidey hole. We first tried stuffing the holes with foam, but Lily was quite capable of wiggling through it. Kevin made a custom wooden cover for the slide area that moves with the bed. It keeps the cat out of the mechanism. I still make sure I know where she is while extending or retracting any slide. We also shut the bedroom door while traveling, just in case.while we were at the FMCA rally this summer, we were parked next to someone who had accidentally killed a cat with a slide!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom