1998 Fleetwood Pace Arrow ECC problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shelley911

I have an electrical/charging/battery problem.  I have a 1998 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision.  My Intellitec ECC is ticking and it turns on the rear heater despite the thermostat being off.  I have ordered a new ECC and it still does it with the new one.  (I have turned the furnace off on the furnace itself.....actually broke the breaker/toggle switch turning it off)  I do know that there is a possibility of the thermostat being bad.  I would replace it, but it is obsolete and as far as I know, there is no replacement.  SO I am not sure how I am going to address that.  BUT I need to eliminate my converter and/or house batteries being the problem.  Tomorrow in the daylight.....provided it does not rain AGAIN, (Wisconsin for 3 more weeks)  I will be testing the batteries. 
1.  can I just hit the battery disconnect and undo the wire that attaches the two batteries and test them (with my smart charger) WITHOUT fully disconnecting every wire?
2.  How do I tell if it is the converter that is bad and acting up?
3.  Has anyone else had this problem and actually figured it out?  I have read as many forum comments as I can and there were never answers.
Thank You

Back
Top Bottom