Why you don't want a RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpencerPJ

Found this comical article and slideshow on MSN homepage, thought I'd share.  Maybe these articles can sway the insane RV growth and give us folks nearing retirement a chance to continue the RV dream of touring the USA and wonderful mother nature attractions for months / years on end.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/18-reasons-you-really-dont-want-to-buy-an-rv/ss-AAyuvLQ?ocid=spartandhp

Gee you know something all 18 of those apply to a house as well. And some of them "In spades" as it were.  one does not apply to me at all.

You can't park it just anywhere (TRUE) but you can only park a house in ONE SPOT (the foundation)

YOu are still vulnerable to the elements.. BUT IF I know nasty is coming... Like right now where I hope to be a month from now is not a healthy place to be.. (But in a month it will be)  I can easily be elsewhere. Lock stock and everything I own.. Can't do that with a Sticks and Bricks.

ANYTHING can be insanely expensive these days

I will admit the first short time behind the wheel was an Adjustment period.. But only for a short time.

Gas.. V/s TAXES.. no brainer I don't burn 3K gas a year.

All the other stuff... Likewise.

THe only valid point is the "Cramped" and Wife and I never had that problem  .. My MH is a bath and a half model..  My house was not.. So the RV was an UPGRADE.. Same price too I might add.

Not for the chicks. Ya'll must still think I'm a dude.

We tent camped when I was a kid.  Then one day I realized people could take "home" with them.actual beds,your bathroom right there.it was a revelation!  Sadly,my parents were not on board.  I suppose there wasn't much a family of seven would fit in anyway.

Fast forward fortysome years and the husband actuallygoes along with this insanity.!

Back
Top Bottom