Problem With Toilet Valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IowaNomads

I have a 1995 Fleetwood Bounder with a Thetford Aquamagic toilet. The filler won't shut off so I'm sure the valve needs to be replaced. Everything is in the back so I can't see anything. My question is if I lift the toilet so I can turn it is there a gasket I'll need to replace? I can't find anything online for that model. Thanks in advance.

There are many different toilets under the general Aqua Magic brand name, so please identify the specific model. Most of them, however, have a "closet flange seal" under the toilet.  I've heard of folks using a standard toilet bowl wax or rubber seal, but have no experience with that myself.  The Thetford part appears to be rubber and may well be reusable if you can't find one.

Here's a manual that covers several models.  More can be found on the Thetford Customer Support website.
https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/42088_Perm-OM-06_42088C-1.pdf
Here is a seal on Amazon. Sure looks like the stndard hardware store item would work fine.
https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-33239-Closet-Flange-Seal/dp/B000BGM7QS

If you order a water valve seal kit it will come with a new seal to reinstall the toilet.

If you are replacing the water valve seal think about replacing the ball valve seal plus the vacuum breaker.  You will get a toilet seal with each kit giving you two extra.

At that age if you lift the toilet yes there is likely a gasket you will most likely need to replace.. IF you can get at the back I'm not sure if the vlave assembly is held on with one screw or just pull it off.. but there may be linkages you need to disconnect/recoonnect.

The gasket is just very large "Sewer Donut" like thing. any RV place that handles Tetford should have ''em  likely int the 10 or less range. but I'm guessing on that.

I bought a valve repair kit and a ball seal repair kit for my 18 year old Thetford.  Both came with the donut gasket.
I got the thing apart and it was so corroded underneath that I threw it on the trash pile and got a new one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom