When are you leaving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVRAC

For those like us who leave south for the winter, how soon are you leaving?  We left this morning, as the highs for the weekend are 40s, lows in the 30s. 

11/19 Waterloo ia to Yuma AZ  back mid April 2019

Yes it is nice and a long drive.

Right next to the Cactus Garden and pool.

Attachments

• Opera Snapshot_2018-05-29_152643_www.google.comqq33.png
    Opera Snapshot_2018-05-29_152643_www.google.comqq33.png
    306 KB · Views: 51
SeilerBird said:
I left for Florida six years ago and I am still here.  ;D

I live in one of those "snow bird" locations (the greater Phoenix area) and during the summer think longingly about those cooler locations in the north.

Lin An just accepted her next 3-month travel nursing assignment in Naples, FL.  We are leaving our current location in Northern Vermont on Monday 10/15, headed for Cape Cod & Boston for a few days, brief family visits in Connecticut & Pennsylvania then off to Naples.

MikeFromMesa said:
I live in one of those "snow bird" locations (the greater Phoenix area) and during the summer think longingly about those cooler locations in the north.
I lived in Arizona a lot and I loved it there, but it snowed on me in June. I love the weather here in Florida year round. I wear sandals, shorts and polo shirts 365 days a year. I think in the five years I have been here there has been maybe three days I had to put on my sweat pants. There are lots of people who hate the summers here and like my sister who lives at Lake Tahoe, I can certainly understand why they would hate it. But I have adapted and gotten used to the heat and humidity and I love it. :D

Today's high was like 60 and it's been dropping ever since (Standish MI) I'm still on A/C buty only one not both.  WIll be on heat in a few more dergrees.

I head south roughly halloween.. THe exact date depends on Watervliet city clerk's office. If I have to go west and chew anatomy due to lack of absentee ballot in my mail box on the 29th. I will head south on Nov 6, Else Oct 29

Oasis Garden  on  West 8th St.  (it has and we do too, real grass and nice shade trees to the west on some sites)

Super clean and locked gated  after 5PM.  You have a remote for access after hours. 

Very pleasant Place.

Safe travels to all you happy snowbirds! Someday, we too, hope to travel full time and enjoy this great country. It?s wonderful to see many of you be able to live out your retirement this way and do what you love to do. :)

We are long time Florida residents (41 years) who spend the hot Florida summer elsewhere whenever possible.  In recent years that "somewhere" has been Black Mountain, NC, and we leave Black Mountain this Sunday to return to our Florida home.

It's currently 81 degrees and 90% RH at our place (10 a.m.), with a high forecast as 93, so still pretty warm there, but the daytime highs should be down into the high 80's by the end of the month.

Our host gig in Tucson ends the 31st.  We're headed to central Cali for a month and then back to Quartzsite for the winter.  Found a full hookup spot in town for our first year there, just to see how we like it.

Will be leaving Montreal just after Christmas for SW Florida. Delayed once again this year for medical reasons, would normally leave here in mid-November.

RVRAC said:
...We left this morning, as the highs for the weekend are 40s, lows in the 30s.

Supposed to be that cold here in upstate NY, too, but we're actually squeezing in one more camping trip this weekend. We're just not ready to pack it in yet! It won't be the first time I've sat around the campfire wearing a winter hat! ;D

Heading south on November 3rd, or maybe a week sooner if the weather here in Iowa isnt better than it is now(37? cloudy and windy).

Back
Top Bottom