DRV Opinions and Experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishtom29

My wife and I are considering a 5W for full timing and are soliciting experiences and opinions of DRV Mobile and Elite Suites. Also, opinions of Vanleigh Beacons, Landmarks and Redwoods are of interest.

We have been looking at fifth wheels for a while ourselves. DW wanted to buy local, so that narrowed down the choices a bit. We have been leaning towards a Pinnacle, but something keep stopping us. We looked at a 2012 Redwood about two months ago. We bought it tonight. No opinions yet other than it looked as good at 7 years old as the new ones do.

We ordered a Mobile Suites 38RSSA in November 2017 and took delivery in April.  There were a number of problems with the unit, which were fixed by the dealer, Kansas RV Center, over a three week period.

We are still finding things that need repair.  The DRV warranty department has been very easy to work with and they have authorized all the work we have requested, including work done by mobile RV tech's.

Despite the problems we have had, we are very pleased with our new Mobile Suite.

Jeannine

I looked at DRVs.  They seemed real nice, but very heavy.  Make sure you have enough truck, a dual wheel version.

I think DRW is now owed by Thor Industries so that automatically rules them out for me.

We owned a new 2004 36 ft TK3 Mobile Suites for 10 years. Towed it all over the country with a International MDT and it held up very well. I had a air hitch that I think helped, but other than up-sizing the standard tires and wheels, everything worked as it was designed. I hear as the new company Thor is the owner, things are not exactly the same, but if we were 5th wheel shopping I would probably go back with them.

Not a Heartland fan here.

A family member just sold his Heartland and replaced it with a Vanleigh Beacon.  Nice.  With all the bells & whistles.  The only things I was not impressed with were the no-name TVs and the wall bump DVD sound system.  Why they would put cheap crap like that in an otherwise very nice unit escapes me.

wmtired said:
I think DRW is now owed by Thor Industries so that automatically rules them out for me.

We're new to RVing (have rented and borrowed... about to pull the trigger on a purchase) and wonder why you ruled out a Thor Industries product.  Feel free to email me directly. raisekayn @ aol dot com.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum!

Some folks have had really bad experiences with a certain company, and swear to NEVER do business with them again.  I suspect this is the case.  Since Thor is one of the two companies who produce the vast majority of all RV brands, that may be overkill for most folks.

Note there are significant quality of materials differences between different models, even within a brand.  All brands and models share less than optimum workmanship when they are being built.

Back
Top Bottom