rv furnace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyguy_helo

Hi all,
I have a question concerning the new thermostats on the newer travel trailers. In my older motorhome (206) the furnace would go on, heat the room then go out till the temperature went down, then on again going through the cycle. With the newer thermostat in my travel trailer the a/c or the heat comes on but when the temperature is reached the furnace stops but the fan keep going. I believe this makes the process less obvious and is less likely to wake you up at night.
Is there a was to bypass this function? If I am boondocking at night with cold weather the furnace would keep the temps but at least when it is stoped it is stoped and no drain on the battery. With the newer system the fan never stops and will place more of a burden on my battery. Are we stuck with this new feature or can we bypass it so when the funace is not heating the fan stops till more heat is required?
Thanks,
flyguy_helo

Most thermostats have an "Auto" setting. When selected, the fan will go on and off as needed. There may be a "Fan" setting, which when selected, will keep the fan running continuously.

Joel

On many single a/c trailers the fan does that for the roof a/c unit, including heat pump or heat strips. It should NOT do that for the furnace alone.

Please tell us the brand & model of thermostat, furnace and a/c unit you have so we can give a better answer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom