Vehicle cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

We are about to buy a Dodge Ram Roadtrek conversion and feel it would benefit from a cover for the storage periods. carcover.com do one, but does anyone have one, or can recommend anything? Slight issue is we will have solar panels, which we want to use to keep the batteries charged up while stored, so will also need the cover to be adapted with clear panels.
Buying in Phoenix, then taking to Las Vegas for registration and storage, so makers in those two cities would be preferable?

Many of us don't/won't use a cover on our RVs for several reasons. Putting it on and off would be a hassle, and high winds can cause the cover to abrade the finish on the RV, or cause it to be abraded by dirt/dust that will eventually permeate through the cover.

Are you storing outside? It can get pretty windy in Vegas so you might want to consider that. You might get reasonably cheap indoor storage as your RV isn't huge.

Although I don't live in Vegas, it gets pretty darn windy in the winter months in Indy.  I keep my TT covered, if for nothing else, to keep the sun off the graphics.  We don't really have the desert dirt so that is not really an issue.  Pain in the rear to cover, 4 hr job, use swim noodles to protect sharp edges etc.  As far as a custom cover, look for a boat cover / upholstery shop.  They will make anything you want, custom for your application.  Sunbrella is a great fabric that will allow the material to breath, that is important.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom