Winnie View 24D C Class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rkburdick

We just purchased a 2019 Winnie C Class View 24D with a Norcold residential fridge. The coach has two solar panels on the roof for the stock house batteries. The question is: If we stop overnight at a truck stop where no shore power is available will the fridge keep running on house power alone for the evening or do I have to run the generator for the night?

What model Norcold?  Is that one of the NRxxx series AC/DC fridges with the Danfoss compressor?  Those are the only models I know of that do not have LP gas as a mode of operation.

In any case,  you can probably run overnight from the batteries, either directly in 12vdc mode or via an inverter to 120v mode. Whether your batteries hold up overnight depends on several factors, e.g. how often the fridge door is opened, coach interior temperature, other 12v uses (lights etc), and so on.  If the batteries get low, start the genset to recharge as well as providing power for the interim.  You should not have to run the genset all night, but it's probably prudent to run it for 40-60 minutes before going to bed.

You might be able to just shut it off for a few hours but I would test that without food in the fridge/freezer (simulate the mass of food with containers of water). We've run our generator for a week at a time - it's good to put hours on it. Trucks idle engines and run small gen sets at truck stops so there's no worries about that. Is your generator propane or diesel fueled?

According to this video, you can get 3 days on your solar / battery combo
https://www.lichtsinn.com/about-us/video-library/product-videos/winnebago-view-navion-solar-test

Back
Top Bottom