bedroom tv size and weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

avigil

For those of you that have installed a tv in your bedroom, what size did you go with? How big is too big? In both size and weight.

I have a 30.5 foot (hitch to bumper) toy hauler that has a bedroom in the front. It came with a TV in the living area. But only hookups in the bedroom. I picked up a 32" tv and mount from Costco. The tv weighs 11.5 pounds. And the mount is the smallest one that costco had.

Any tips/tricks from those of you that have mounted a tv? BTW, my toy hauler is a 2019 Shockwave 24RQMX in case any of you have that model.

I think you should have whatever size suits your desires. The difference in weight of 25 vs 32 is insignificant.

The big concern in mounting the tv is that neither the VESA mount bolts holes in the tv chassis nor the usual brackets are designed for the kinds of shearing forces that a vehicle encounters regularly, e.g. potholes, RR tracks, etc.  One good bounce can bust the mount or even rip bolts out of the VESA chassis bolt holes.  It is wise to provide support for the bottom edge so that the down-force on the mount is minimized.  Your front bedroom location is less susceptible to that kind of shearing force and you may never have that problem, but it can be catastrophic if you do.

Or add a PAW mount, remove the TV and lay it on the bed while traveling.

I recently went with a 24-inch Visio 1080p Smart TV that weighs only a few pounds. The mount is a VideoSecu mount from Amazon for only $17. The first one for the living room worked so well for the past two years I just had to go with it again for the bedroom TV. My original bedroom TV was mounted on the wall of a closet, and my current mount goes through that same wall to a broad piece of 3/4 inch oak for stability. It feels quite strong, and I doubt I'll experience any difficulties due to the light weight.  However the mount does have tabs that allow you to easily remove the TV and mounting plate for travel.

Unless you have a need to swivel your tv around, a fixed mount distributes the weight over 4 plus screws.  I put 6 screws in my, this wall and find it fine for my 32"  If all the weight is on a pivot, much more force
https://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-Tilt-Wall-Mount-Bracket/dp/B007UDU77G?keywords=tv+rail+mount&qid=1540641674&sr=8-7&ref=sr_1_7

I just got a Wolfpack 23Pack15 a month ago and faced the same dilemma. I ended up going with a swing arm mount because the backer board was very close to the side wall of the camper. I ended up purchasing a 27" TV. I put extra screws into the mounting plate and into the 2x6 backer board in the wall to help. I also mounted a couple clips to the wall, one above and one below the TV so I could run a flat bungee cord to key the articulating arm compressed and help support the TV from those up/down bumps while traveling.

We've been on a couple trips since I mounted it and I've gone and checked the screws in the back of the TV and the ones in the wall and all show no signs of stress or backing out. I think I'm good to go but only time will tell.

I have ~32" TV in the bedroom.  Keystone put in a strap, to strap it in while traveling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom