rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: bedroom tv size and weight  (Read 86 times)

avigil

bedroom tv size and weight
« on: October 13, 2018, 11:04:39 PM »
For those of you that have installed a tv in your bedroom, what size did you go with? How big is too big? In both size and weight.

I have a 30.5 foot (hitch to bumper) toy hauler that has a bedroom in the front. It came with a TV in the living area. But only hookups in the bedroom. I picked up a 32" tv and mount from Costco. The tv weighs 11.5 pounds. And the mount is the smallest one that costco had.

Any tips/tricks from those of you that have mounted a tv? BTW, my toy hauler is a 2019 Shockwave 24RQMX in case any of you have that model.
2019 Shockwave 24RQMX

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: bedroom tv size and weight
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 08:50:57 AM »
I think you should have whatever size suits your desires. The difference in weight of 25 vs 32 is insignificant.

The big concern in mounting the tv is that neither the VESA mount bolts holes in the tv chassis nor the usual brackets are designed for the kinds of shearing forces that a vehicle encounters regularly, e.g. potholes, RR tracks, etc.  One good bounce can bust the mount or even rip bolts out of the VESA chassis bolt holes.  It is wise to provide support for the bottom edge so that the down-force on the mount is minimized.  Your front bedroom location is less susceptible to that kind of shearing force and you may never have that problem, but it can be catastrophic if you do.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

kdbgoat

• ---
Re: bedroom tv size and weight
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »
Or add a PAW mount, remove the TV and lay it on the bed while traveling.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS