Having money doesn't give you class.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some having money means "My S*** Don't Stink".

But I have to admit every time I read this subject line I"m not thinking of dog poop in an RV park ..... I'm thinking of some folks who spend a lot of time on the NEWS and who have absolutly NO Class... NO I'm not going to say who.

Not to get too far off subject but my 85 year old Father in law believes he only needs to clean up after his dog if he is in danger of someone seeing him go. When we visit and walk the dog with him I always carry a bag for times when he thinks he can get away without cleaning up. He is constantly being challenged by his neighbors and is not on the nice list there for sure.

I still remember the time we were camping in southern Minnesota at a small RV park. We had put a Y splitter at the hose bib because it was shared between us and the motorhome behind us (I know, stupid set up). As the big, new (dealer tags) motorhome was packing up, I noticed them unscrewing my Y hose plotter that cost a whopping $2 probably. I yelled ?Hey, that?s mine.? Their excuse for trying to steal it? We thought it belonged to the RV park.

Yup, class doesn?t have anything to do with money.

UTTransplant said:
...Their excuse for trying to steal it? We thought it belonged to the RV park.

Yup, class doesn?t have anything to do with money.

That's pathetic - essentially they are saying that they are perfectly okay stealing from the park.  A thief is just that - simply a thief.

UTTransplant said:
We had put a Y splitter at the hose bib because it was shared between us and the motorhome behind us (I know, stupid set up). As the big, new (dealer tags) motorhome was packing up, I noticed them unscrewing my Y hose plotter that cost a whopping $2 probably. I yelled ?Hey, that?s mine.? Their excuse for trying to steal it? We thought it belonged to the RV park.

Wasn't your hose hooked up to one outlet of the "Y"?

UTTransplant said:
Their excuse for trying to steal it? We thought it belonged to the RV park.

Still theft no matter who owns it.

Back in the "Woodstock" days my Brother worked as a gas station attendent and .. Several other jobs (mechanic. tow truck driver and all around employee)

He had just finished mopping the lady's room when a New Cadillac pulled in, Fill er up and can I please have the lady's room key.. Well he still had it on him since he had JUST finished mopping..

Upon her return she told him the room was out of TP.

He thought "WHAT had plenty 5 minutes ago" so he went back and checked. Not only had she stolen the TP. but she'd ripped the holder out of the wall. Plaster all over..  He mopped and restocked and reported to his boss.. License plate included.

UTTransplant said:
...I noticed them unscrewing my Y hose plotter that cost a whopping $2 probably. I yelled ?Hey, that?s mine.? Their excuse for trying to steal it? We thought it belonged to the RV park.
The CG that my grandfather manages, has regulators on every water connection. On each regulator, there is a set screw that prevents anybody from walking off with it.

Looking at the splitters, I didn't see any with a similar set up, but I did notice that most of them, whether brass, plastic or stainless, all seem to have holes that you can use for a small cable lock. Nobody should have to lock up such a simple device, but unfortunately these kinds of jerks are all over the place.

I hope you called them out, saying that it doesn't matter who's splitter it was. If its not yours, its theft.

I was at a gas pump with my family and TT in Colorado over the summer.  A beautiful Class A Prevost pulled up to the adjacent pump.  The father and son (late teens-early 20s) came down the steps to fill up.  I complemented their beautiful Presvost and said that it is on my wish list.  The father in the most condescending, snarky manner said "yeah, if you've got a spare million bucks."  I asked my wife if she heard that and she said yes.  The tone and arrogance were unbelievable, especially since I had just given them a complement.  No class!

When we hosted at the Canyon, we had a table in our site for people to leave stuff they didn't need or take something they could use.  Mostly chairs, tarps, and extra propane bottles.
A group of kids who were at the end of a 3 week trip left a bunch of extra canned food and a case of Top Ramen.  People had been taking one or two packs of the TR, but some guy in a Prevost came into the camp.  After paying his site(with a senior pass no less), he was looking over the table.  Saw him leave with 4 cheapo bag chairs and the case of Ramen. 
I guess that's how those guys afford a million for a coach.

Rene T said:
Wasn't your hose hooked up to one outlet of the "Y"?
Yup. They unhooked our hose and were holding it while unscrewing the Y, presumably to hook it back up again. Sad excuses for human beings.

SargeW said:
It's true. And when I spoke to the other Entegra owner, he wasn't happy about it either. As a member of their rally, it casts all of them in a less than flattering light. As it turns out, when I went to the campground office to report the guy, the other Entegra owner had already been there.  It helps to restore my faith in RV'ers as a whole.
Campground should send the owner a hazardous site clean up fee!
Note to campgrounds to have a new paper for pet owners you leave it you will get charged for it......

Rene T said:
Put it in a small paper bag, twist the top, light it on fire and place it in front of their door on the ground of course then knock on the door.

I like your style

I've seen bicycle owners with large dogs take their dogs out for a walk with the bicycle.

Then when the dog stops to dump, the bike owner pretends to be blind and pedals away leaving the stinky poo behind.

We had a guy in this RV park do this thing every evening at dark thirty. The next morning the rest of us were tripping over his large dog large poop.

Finally he was caught and shamed and he moved away to do his dirty deed elsewhere.

Scooping the poop is no fun, but I do it anyhow. My dog leaves teensy tiny  poop about the size of  cigarette butt, but none the less, I pick up his tiny poop and trot it to the dump or back home again for the garbage.

Most dogs, mine included will NOT poop at home. Yepper, they have to go poop somewhere else.  ;D

Believe me I wish my dog would poop at home on the RV lot I bought him. But he steadfastly holds it in for his walk about. He will pee at home (outdoors) sometimes.

One day when I was late getting home and he had been left behind, I was sure I would find a stinky surprise inside, but no, just an anxious dog who bolted out the door to poop. ;)

Unfortunately, in two winters of traveling all over the USA, we found there were many of such pet owners. They are not rare at all. People with small pets are worse than the ones with large pets. They think because it is small, it doesnt matter. It is harder to see, and more likely that someone will step in it. This, in spite of the fact that most rv parks have dog areas, and bag stations with disposal cans all around. Dont hold your breath waiting for it to get better. Every rest area we stopped at was the same. This would indicate the general population in cars is the same.

Back
Top Bottom