Atwood Slide Out NOT Working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MelMarsh

I am new to RVing, and this is my first post. Thanks for letting me join. I am a do it yourselfer so I am hoping to find some help. I have just purchased my first RV. It's a 2001 Timberline Timberlodge 27BHS trailer. The slide out doesn't work. I have a good battery on board, fuses are good, I have 12V to the controller. I have tried direct 12V to the motor & the motor activated & tried to move the slide in (which it already was). I reversed the wires to slide out but all I got was a spark, no movement. The controller and switch are no longer available. My question is..... Can I install a different controller and switch to operate this 12V motor?

Yes, I did manually open it. I used a impact wrench which turned out to be a mistake as I broke a shear pin, I need to replace. It is open excepy for the last 3".

It did move very slow though with a lot of resistance it seemed. I've never opened one but it took a lot of stop and go because the impact wrench got hot.
I see where some have a break assembly in them. I can't locate the motor yet & thought by manually opening, I would see it, but not yet.

MelMarsh said:
It did move very slow though with a lot of resistance it seemed. I've never opened one but it took a lot of stop and go because the impact wrench got hot.
I see where some have a break assembly in them. I can't locate the motor yet & thought by manually opening, I would see it, but not yet.

Uh-oh.  I haven't had to mess with my slide, but the manual clearly states that there's a lever I have to throw before manually moving my slide.  Hope you didn't mess it up further.

Me too! Sometimes my DIY doesn't save me any money. Anyway,.... since the controller is obsolete, can I replace the controller and switch with another brand?

I'll leave that to the experts, but in the meantime, check the link for a list of RV salvage yards around the country.  Might find what you need from one of them.   

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?action=Parts

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom