converter 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beetlebug

Okay, using a voltmeter I checked the wires attached to battery when not hooked to battery, voltmeter registers 13.7. the battery itself could not get a reading higher than 11. i could never get charge level to go over 50%.  i replaced the battery and everything looked good.  However about an hour later without turning anything on the battery level dropped a little. i am guessing something is pulling a charge. any ideas how i go about checking where the problem.

There are indeed things that are always there. No matter if you are "Connected" or "Disconnected"

However you said the battery "Dropped a littler" 12.6 is resting voltage of a fully charged batterty 13.6 is the "Float voltage" (Plugged in) now a battery may carry what is called a "Surface charge" as high as 14 volts but it drops very fast once that battery is disconnected from charger.

Also what battery Group 24/27/29/31 GC2-pair. 4D 8D makes a big differencer.  The range of amp hours in that list is 70 to 250 or more.

grashley said:
Congrats!  Batteries are much cheaper and easier to replace than converters!
Uh. I have about 500 amp/hours worth of battery at about 1.00/amp hour (500 bucks) and to replace to of 'em I can not lift 'em onto the tray. Need help.

The converter is 20 minutes to replace. 1 man and 238 dollars tax included.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom