recommend glue for plastic part in fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

the tab broke off the part that holds the shelf in place, not having the best of luck finding the part so I thought I would see if there is a glue that would work.

Attachments

• 1016180938.jpg
    1016180938.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 120
I don't know if a 2 part epoxy would do it. There may be allot of weight on the shelf for the epoxy to hold. If it doesn't work, I would try drilling out the spot where the piece was, tap it for a 1/4"-20 or 5/16"-18 thread and install a bolt with the head cut off. Maybe you could put a small 1/2 nut on the backside.

The CG we will be staying at starting this Sunday has a huge dumpster where people sometimes get rid of their old fridges. I'll keep an eye out.

I thought about adding a bolt or screw, the part fits flush to the fridge wall, also it is too thin to tap and add a bolt. I have zip tie holding the shelf up, which I might leave in place to help aid in keeping the weight off the shelf.
Asked DW where she tried to find the part- thought it was the Frigidaire site, I will see what i can find too.
its a Frigidaire  Model FGHC2331PFAA

There are many "super glues" for plastic,,BUT,, there are also many different plastics to consider,,which one???>>>Dan

SMR said:
I thought about adding a bolt or screw, the part fits flush to the fridge wall, also it is too thin to tap and add a bolt. I have zip tie holding the shelf up, which I might leave in place to help aid in keeping the weight off the shelf.
Asked DW where she tried to find the part- thought it was the Frigidaire site, I will see what i can find too.
its a Frigidaire  Model FGHC2331PFAA

That part doesn't seem to exist in the Frigidaire model number you provided for anything to do with the shelves. 2 things. Are you sure it's for a shelf, and are you sure of the fridge model number?

Does this help? :  Look at the video

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Shelf-Support/241993001/1513081#repairHelpVideoTabs

Rene T said:
Look at what I found:  Look at the video

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Shelf-Support/241993001/1513081#repairHelpVideoTabs

CRISPER cover support. Nice job Rene.

SMR said:
the tab broke off the part that holds the shelf in place, not having the best of luck finding the part so I thought I would see if there is a glue that would work.
In an emergency you can either tie it to the shelf above or put a forked limb (Small) under it to the lower surface.
As a FIX, I use JB Weld a lot.  Seems to hold up well in a cold environment.
Marvin

Rene- thanks for the website, the part I have has one prong on it. I did look around and see another one that might work. I will give them a call and see what they have. Appreciate all the help
I made sure it was the correct model number and yes the part is for the crisper drawer/shelf, there are 2 that hold the rear of the shelf in place.
bookmarked this page too

I know of no glue I'd trust there. But a bolt (some hae very thin heads) from the back and a "Speed Nut" (Spring thing) on the shelf side might work.

I  went to replace the Drip tray (I'm told it' called a defrost tray) ask my local sales and service dealer and they spent all summer not ordering one.. Finally went to General RV. I know folks like to bad mouth 'em but this rig came from General RV.. I stopped in 2 weeks ago on my way past going up to Standish (Nice park. at least for me though my standards are... Different)  and stopped in again on my way south 2 weeks later.. Part is now in place awaiting a new "DO Not Set Anything ON This Shelf" label  (I don't need the label but I'm hoping to pick up a new traveling companion some day....  (Have a good prospect by the way).  But now defrost water goes where I want it to go (OUT THE BACK).

SMR said:
Rene- thanks for the website, the part I have has one prong on it. I did look around and see another one that might work. I will give them a call and see what they have. Appreciate all the help
I made sure it was the correct model number and yes the part is for the crisper drawer/shelf, there are 2 that hold the rear of the shelf in place.
bookmarked this page too

Hopefully I was able to help. Let us know how you make out.

Will do soon as we land someplace for a few weeks I will order the part. I think I found one that will work
thanks again for the assistance

SMR said:
Will do soon as we land someplace for a few weeks I will order the part. I think I found one that will work
thanks again for the assistance

If they are cheap, you might want to order a spare. You know if you have a spare, it will never break again. If you don't have a spare, it will happen again.  ;D :D ;)

I've used this on fridge parts and it's held up for years. Still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/G5-Outdoors-102-G-Lock-Glue/dp/B0001M4C06

It will dry blue, but if you aren't staring at it all the time who cares?

Found this one. Look like they reinforced the pin.
http://applianceparts365.com/frigidaire-support-crisper-cvr-part-7241993001

Back
Top Bottom