Good time at Pyramid Lake Nv.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Broke Boater

My wife and I headed to Pyramid Weds afternoon for a short trip, we could only fish Thurs and a couple hours Friday morning because one of our Daughters qualified in Division 1 for the Ca. Horseman State Championship and this was on the same week thru the weekend. Friday afternoon we headed back to Brentwood to drop the boat off, then on to Watsonville to watch her ride in the final events. Long drive for a day and a 1/4 fishing but I wanted to get up there and meet some guys on another board that have annual Fest up there. First off, I don't do a lot of trout or lake fishing, and thanks to the guys up there, Lisa and I were able to put some fish in the box. No monsters for us that the lake is known for, but a few 19"/20" trout was good enough action for us and we learned a lot about the place. We boated something like 12 fish and kept our limit of two fish. These fish get big, like 15-20 pounders are regularly caught, there is a couple slots depending on size. The scenery is awesome, high desert lake with turquoise colored water. Campground is along the beach, and several spots were you can camp on the beach, fishing from shore is good also,,,,Gregg
O yea,,our Daughter did great, but she knocked over a barrel on a run and that cost her some valuable points, she still ended up with Reserve Grand Champion, very proud of her dedication and efforts

Attachments

• pmid 1.jpg
    pmid 1.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 25
  • pmid 3.jpg
    pmid 3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 20
  • pmid 2.jpg
    pmid 2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 18
  • pmid 4.jpg
    pmid 4.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 19
  • truck boat pmid.jpg
    truck boat pmid.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 18
Looks great. They're huge fish by our standards  ::)

Your daughter sounds like she's very accomplished. Well done her!

jackiemac said:
Looks great. They're huge fish by our standards  ::)

Your daughter sounds like she's very accomplished. Well done her!

Jackie, what size is your standard. The size of a sardine?  :eek: ::) :-\ ;D :D ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=sardines+in+a+can&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=8R0smKzvbm8eBM%253A%252C3OY8inB-v1wuTM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kT30kanr_uk_sRShsoXS5AbRIESjA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwisiZ--34_eAhVEtVMKHQjPDqgQ9QEwCnoECAIQBg#imgrc=8R0smKzvbm8eBM:

Rene T said:
Jackie, what size is your standard. The size of a sardine?  :eek: ::) :-\ ;D :D ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=sardines+in+a+can&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=8R0smKzvbm8eBM%253A%252C3OY8inB-v1wuTM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kT30kanr_uk_sRShsoXS5AbRIESjA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwisiZ--34_eAhVEtVMKHQjPDqgQ9QEwCnoECAIQBg#imgrc=8R0smKzvbm8eBM:
Ha ha, yes Rene.  Last year we caught about 5 fish, taking into account licences, bait etc I reckon they cost us at least $100 each.  This year we caught a few more and they should have cost us less but we lost one rod and broke another, we are thinking of giving up!

Out of state licences aren't cheap and if you want to fish in every state you visit it soon adds up.

Good fun though..... usually!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom