Rand McNally GPS issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

I have had mine for some time now and this just started.  It is a 7715.  Been great, but lately, it will power itself off while driving, then turn back on and no longer have destination.  There is a small LED on the top, either red yellow or green.  My guess is either the 12v or whtever it uses, is going or the internal battery is shot.  Gets to a low level, then sort of catches up.  No obvious way to replace a battery.  New one tome? 

Is it possible there is corrosion in the power socket/cord connection, leading to intermittent power?  Before replacing it, I would try a good cleaner spray like DeOxit to see if that would clear the problem up.  That stuff is so good, it sometimes seems like magic . . .

No obvious way to replace a battery.

Maybe not obvious but perhaps doable. My Garmin was like that but I was able to do it anyway. I guess the first step is to find out who actually made this GPS, if it was not Rand McNally themselves. Google is your friend: Rand McNally GPS replacement batteries

I swapped out my power cord with my Garmin power cord and it worked fine all day, looks like new power cord.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom