Weed legal in Canada today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

Come on up, but expect long line ups.  They are saying it is going for between $6 and $8 per ounce Canadian, that's about $4.50 to $6 US.  Here is the write up from the National Post:  https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/cannabis-legalization

Ed

I wonder how that is going to affect the time getting back into the United States.

We went to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls a few years ago and waited a half hour in line at the border coming back into the U.S.

Thought I replied to this may have been elsewhere

As Roy said if you come back into the US into a state where it is NOT yet legal you may find yourself a guest of the goverment for a period of time.

Michigan votes on it next month. I have no idea how the vote will turn out and wont till Nov 7 at the earliest.  I"m not sure if ANY border state allows recreational Weed at this time.

On edit: I found my earlier response.. IT was elsewhere. not here.

I don't think it really matters whether any of the border states have "decriminalized" marijuana or not.  The states don't run the borders, the Federal Government does.  The Federal Government still considers it illegal, and if the Feds catch you trying to bring it back across the border, they can certainly bring Federal charges of smuggling as well as possession of a controlled substance against you.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
I don't think it really matters whether any of the border states have "decriminalized" marijuana or not.  The states don't run the borders, the Federal Government does.  The Federal Government still considers it illegal, and if the Feds catch you trying to bring it back across the border, they can certainly bring Federal charges of smuggling as well as possession of a controlled substance against you.

Good point. Might have to find a remote area at the border, throw your pot across and then claim you found it on the US side.

Weed has been de-criminalized in every west coast state from Canada down to Mexico.

Why would you ever want to bring any across the border ?

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Come on up, but expect long line ups.  They are saying it is going for between $6 and $8 per ounce Canadian, that's about $4.50 to $6 US.  Here is the write up from the National Post:  https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/cannabis-legalization

Ed

I believe that pricing is for GRAMS not Ounces. Most pot on the West Coast retails from $7.00-$13.00 per gram

At least that's what I've been told....LOL

Good catch Bill, since I don't use I was going from memory of what the paper reported, and these days my memory is not what it used to be.

Ed

Standing in line at a border crossing is no laughing matter.....unless you just left the Pot shop  ;)

Drug sniffing dogs wont look on the roof of an RV, near the satellite dish, under the dome, taped to the underside.........so I've heard

The way the Cartels get around the dogs at the Mexican border, 

as you are standing in line those kids that wash your windows for money spray your car with Marijuana scented water and the dogs hit on every single car.

Criminals are smart.

I went to college about a half hour from the Canadian border and we would frequently head up there since the drinking age was 19 vs. 21. One time I was the DD but was driving my buddy's car. While waiting in line to get back to the US he opens the glove box, pulls out a bag of weed and says "oh, guess I should have left that home, huh?" When we got to the booth, the officer asked a few customary questions and when he realized I was stone cold sober with a car full of drunks, he laughed and basically waived us through. Never took that friend to Canada with me ever again.

My nephew became seriously ill last year when he went from an occasional joint to daily marijuana usage after pot became legal in California.  Constant vomiting, headaches, back pain, disabling stomach cramps, etc. 

He thought it was stress related since he was in the middle of moving his family from Indio to rural property in central California.  But when he sought medical attention after suffering for several weeks, he was told the tipoff that marijuana was the cause was the only thing that would relieve his abdominal pain was a long, hot bath or shower.

At his doctor's urging, he stopped using pot and it all went away.

It's called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome and is only now gaining attention with the legalization and increased use of marijuana.

Lou Schneider said:
My nephew became seriously ill last year when he went from an occasional joint to daily marijuana usage after pot became legal in California.  Constant vomiting, headaches, back pain, disabling stomach cramps, etc. 

He thought it was stress related since he was in the middle of moving his family from Indio to rural property in central California.  But when he sought medical attention after suffering for several weeks, he was told the tipoff that marijuana was the cause was the only thing that would relieve his abdominal pain was a long, hot bath or shower.

At his doctor's urging, he stopped using pot and it all went away.

It's called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome and is only now gaining attention with the legalization and increased use of marijuana.
When I was dating my late wife in 1980, some of her friends used it quite often. We were at a party one summer evening and the guys brought out the weed, and coaksed me into trying it. Wasn't long and I had disabling stomach cramps, I was doubled up laying on the floor. Thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. Couple of the guys were laughing until they realized I wasn't joking. It did the same thing the second and last time I ever tried it. That's one thing I never spent any money on.

Weed is still illegal federally so it is illegal to try to bring it across the border regardless of the state law.  You and your weed will be refused entry even if the weed is disposed of.  Could cause some thorny problems but don't look for national legalization any time soon.

Bill

Bill N said:
Weed is still illegal federally so it is illegal to try to bring it across the border regardless of the state law.  You and your weed will be refused entry even if the weed is disposed of.  Could cause some thorny problems but don't look for national legalization any time soon.

Bill

Why would you try to bring any weed over the border ?

according to this map it's already legal in 1/2 the states bordering on Canada.

Attachments

• marijuana-map-large.jpg
    marijuana-map-large.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom