TV mount and winter tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaxson

Hi. So my wife and 4 kids and myself have been living full time in our greyhawk 31fs since last June. We moved from one city to another for job changes and figured it would be an awesome way to live while we sell one house and hunt for another. So far it's been great. Our current dilemma is how is the TV in the bunk bed attached to the wall so we can unmount it? The one son broke off the tip of his head phones in the port in the back and I need to unmount it to get enough room to hopefully remove the broken end so he has sound again. Also any and all winter living tips are welcome as we are in Idaho and not finding a house we wish to purchase yet. The adventure continues lol

The TV mount is usually just screwed to the tv they are the same as used in houses.

Winter in Idaho is pretty brutal I would say too much for an RV and I've been in cold in mine I stayed in Kansas city in 2 feet of snow and -14, But the part of the year I was in Idaho Falls it warmed to -24 at noon when I left on December 23, There was a lot of winter left by then.  doubt there are RV parks open much longer.

glen54737 said:
Winter in Idaho is pretty brutal I would say too much for an RV and I've been in cold in mine I stayed in Kansas city in 2 feet of snow and -14, But the part of the year I was in Idaho Falls it warmed to -24 at noon when I left on December 23,

Glen, you said it got down -14 which is 14 below 0  and by noon, it was -24 which is 24 below 0.  That is brutal to say the least.  :-\ :'( ::)

Rene T said:
Glen, you said it got down -14 which is 14 below 0  and by noon, it was -24 which is 24 below 0.  That is brutal to say the least.  :-\ :'( ::)
That makes it about 100 degrees colder than it was yesterday in Orlando. 8)

Jaxson said:
Our current dilemma is how is the TV in the bunk bed attached to the wall so we can unmount it? The one son broke off the tip of his head phones in the port in the back and I need to unmount it to get enough room to hopefully remove the broken end so he has sound again.

There are many ways manufactures mount TV to walls.

Mine is a fixed mount, has a Rail mounted to the wall, and back of TV, hangs on rail, and 2 screws from underside screw up against it, from bottom side of TV. 

If you can't figure it out, try and snap a picture to give us an idea what you are up against.

I live in north Idaho about 90 minutes from Canada, and the parks are already closing for the winter. While it is becoming somewhat warmer here over the years, it is still way too cold to live in an RV, at least for me and the missus. I've lived here for 30 years and have never seen the lake freeze, but friends tell me that the ice was so thick long ago that you could drive to town over the lake.

spencerpj said:
There are many ways manufactures mount TV to walls.

Mine is a fixed mount, has a Rail mounted to the wall, and back of TV, hangs on rail, and 2 screws from underside screw up against it, from bottom side of TV. 

If you can't figure it out, try and snap a picture to give us an idea what you are up against.
pz said:
These are the best pictures I can get because it is so tight to the walls and upper bunk. I can see where it is screwed to the TV and into the wall. It looks like they screwed the TV to the mount and then the whole thing to the wall which couldn't have been easy. I don't see a rail or any locking mechanism that would release it.

Attachments

• 20181018_205922-756x1008.jpg
    20181018_205922-756x1008.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181018_205818-816x612.jpg
    20181018_205818-816x612.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 25
A couple of years ago when we moved to the state near pocatello there was snowmageddon that year. It was awful. We are now nearer to Boise which is lower in elevation. The parks are open all year here. In fact we can't even get into one until November when some of the snowbirds leave for the winter. There are waiting lists. So we are actually set up in my cousin's back yard lol. We can always go into their house in an emergency but we really do like our little home :)

TV Mount:  pretty good pictures.  I can see why you are perplexed.  Looks to me that you need to get your box end wrench out and take the 3 screws loose from the wall.  Start with bottom one, then the 2 top ones.  Have someone hold the TV in place or prop it up.  Good luck removing the broken piece, if all else fails, replace the jack or cut the wires to the jack, at least the sound tv speakers will work after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom