SNOW HERE IN NH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Saw a few snow flakes this morning so it's time to leave. Leaving tomorrow at o-dark thirty for Lakeland FL.

Safe travels Rene. The snow missed our house but there are several cars here in the parking lot at work decorated with white stuff so a few places around us apparently got it!

Snow while driving to the UP yesterday. Stopped at Mill Creek CG in Mackinaw City last night. Driving to the UP today. DW is meeting her buddies for a weekend Quilt Retreat today. I'll be taking the puppies for walks and scouting out other places for camping.

Have a good and safe trip Ren?. Wish we could be joining you but health issues continue to plague the wife. Might make in at the end of December.

Safe travels, Rene. Bring your shorts & sandals. It's been hot as he** here in Lakeland. We're leaving for the N. GA mountains for some cooler weather.

Snow?  What's that?  ;D

Attachments

• 44317442_10156167168726596_1290533137238982656_o.jpg
    44317442_10156167168726596_1290533137238982656_o.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 26
Alfa38User said:
Have a good and safe trip Ren?. Wish we could be joining you but health issues continue to plague the wife. Might make in at the end of December.
Hope she gets better soon Stu.

OBX said:
Rene, where is your first stopover?

In the past, we've always topped at a Walmart at Exit 247 in Harrisonberg VA. We pulled into the parking lot and went to the area where RV's usually park and there weren't any. This seemed strange. Usually there are at least a couple there and by morning, at least 6 or 8 more. This lot has several restaurants, a Staples, a Best Buy, a Home Depot. We ate first and then went into Walmart to talk to a manager about staying for the night like we've done for the last 5 years. He said that about a month ago, the owner of the property decided not to let RV'rs stay overnight anymore along with truckers. Dam. It probably was a RV'er that left some trash or did something wrong. One bad apple ruined it for everyone else.
We got back on I-81 and went down to I believe it was the next Exit and went to a Cracker Barrel. It worked out great.

Hopefully you are now in the warm most air of Florida and that the trip went well.  There are several Flying J's from Harrisburg going south on I81 and we usually just stopped at one of those. 
    We don;t leave here until mid November, but are heading to Ottawa for a few days, and they have been real cold this past week or so.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Hopefully you are now in the warm most air of Florida and that the trip went well.  There are several Flying J's from Harrisburg going south on I81 and we usually just stopped at one of those. 
    We don;t leave here until mid November, but are heading to Ottawa for a few days, and they have been real cold this past week or so.

Ed

We arrived yesterday morning around 11:30. Quickly did the basic setting up then it was off to the pool. The rest of setting up will be done sometime. I'm in no rush. I've got 6 months to do it.  ;D

You may think you can spread out the setting up, but I've seen the whip marks from when you don't jump to Lucille's orders.  I would have thought that your military service taught you that much.
    See you when we get down.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    You may think you can spread out the setting up, but I've seen the whip marks from when you don't jump to Lucille's orders.  I would have thought that your military service taught you that much.
    See you when we get down.

Ed

Ya, you have a point Ed. And if you had a hat on, you wouldn't see it.  ;D :D ;)
See you in a bit.

SeilerBird said:
You got here just in time Rene. Today was the coldest day in many months. Fall is here. Hope you brought an overcoat. ;D

Overcoat, I'm going to be wearing shorts for the next 6 months. Every day mind you.  :eek: ::) ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom