Harman Spark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdbgoat

I've seen where AT&T now has the Harman Spark for connected car. It doesn't appear (yet) that there is a separate power supply available like the Mobley used, enabling it to be used in a place that doesn't have obd connection. Has anyone tried it on a power supply for a Mobley? Hopefully one of you tech gurus know what's up with the Spark.

kdbgoat said:
I've seen where AT&T now has the Harman Spark for connected car. It doesn't appear (yet) that there is a separate power supply available like the Mobley used, enabling it to be used in a place that doesn't have obd connection. Has anyone tried it on a power supply for a Mobley? Hopefully one of you tech gurus know what's up with the Spark.

ODB interface has defined power pins, the mobley psu should work just fine
unless at&t have woken up and actually poll the interface to detect a real car !
that's what I would do to lock the device to a working vehicle..

Since the Spark provides diagnostic alerts and other vehicle related services, yes it does poll the car's OBDII data buss.  Which will at least flag, if not disable it from working with a Mobley style adapter.

Let's see how long it takes for a hacker to come up with a "virtual car" interface ...  ;)

Given that they already make OBD-II training simulators, it is just a matter of finding a used one on ebay at a reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom