Winnebago Vista LX 35F vs Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onthehunt49

I was at Calif Rv Show in Pomona last weekend.
I was very impressed with Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35k, Fleetwood Southwind 35k and the Winnebago Vista LX 35 f

Anyone have experience with these models?

How they compare with one another.

I have heard from a few Winnebago Vista 35F owners who love there rigs on a CONFUSED post.

Any info on the other 2 models would be appreciated. All 3 are very nice. from prices i have seen on internet. it seems the Winnebago Vista 35F is about $15-20k cheaper.

The price differential is significant IF the MSRP differs that much.  RVs are extremely price competitive, so a notably lower MSRP always means that some corners were cut to get the rice down.  The cutting may be features or construction quality or lower grade materials (upholstery, flooring, etc) and may or may not be something you care much about vs the price savings. I think you will find the Fleetwood & HR coaches have more to offer, but they may not have more of what you want.

Advertised discount prices are harder to compare, since one dealer may hype a low asking price while another waits for you to bargain him down to a lower price (and hopes you won't). Further, low advertised prices are often misleading because the dealer adds back fees (delivery, prep, "dealer fee", etc) that brings it back up. The only meaning price comparison is a quote for an "out the door" price, with everything included.

I see that the Vista LX 35F is listed as "Dealer Stock Only", which implies that model os no longer in production.

Not familiar with the specific models, but pretty sure the Vista is a bit of an entry level coach while the Vacationer and Southwind are upgrades. Personally, but without actually seeing them, I would tend to lean toward the Southwind, but either way, it would not be a brand new unit but a sorted out one to two year old model.

there like 1 step up from entry.  Same as Itasca Sunstar,,    Winnebago entry is Intent like Fleetwood Flair .  about same price.

Bigger price jump to Southwind or Holiday Rambler Vacationer.  I have read many places that Fleetwood Southwind and Holiday Rambler Vacationer come off same assembly line.  Have read Winnebago has lot of hidden quality in construction.  Like I said very confusing  LOL

Bill and Debbie said:
Not familiar with the specific models, but pretty sure the Vista is a bit of an entry level coach while the Vacationer and Southwind are upgrades. Personally, but without actually seeing them, I would tend to lean toward the Southwind, but either way, it would not be a brand new unit but a sorted out one to two year old model.

Southwind and Vacationer are more-or-less equivalent to the Adventurer line, so definitely a step up from the Vista.  Makes price comparison difficult cause it's not an apples to apples match-up.

You can never ask for too much off the price when negotiating - all they can say is no.  A friend went to the Pomona show and bought a 5th wheel the same week you were there. Here was the deal.  List price was $73K - Show Price was $65K he ended up with $50K out the door plus they gave him 10K on his unit that needed work.  Happy Hunting.

Back
Top Bottom