Fleetwood Excursion 40E no dash heat or AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ikeshel

I assume, that like a car, the dash heat is drawn off of the engine coolant and brought to the dash. Is the air handler/heater core by the engine and ducted to the front, or are the coolant & refrigerant pumped to the cab?
Or (more likely) do I not know what I'm talking about and it's something else altogether?

Should be a valve near the heater core hoses. All this should be located in the front of your motor home, passenger side.

On my 08 40E Excursion the heater water valves are locatdd at the rear by the radiator.  However in real cold there is minimal heat coming from  chassis heater.  We run front gas
heater for short periods as necessary,  even while driving.  Good luck.

First - thanks to all who responded.
I now have to figure out how to take the dash apart to get to the rear of the control.
BUT.... I was able to track the cable under the dash (after scratching the shneet out of my hands) and discovered that the cable sheath end at the heater box was not in the clamp holding it in place and the end at the control had no clamp to hold it (Broken) so the entire sheath was moving when the dial was turned with no effect at the heater box.
At least now I moved the leaver at the heater box to give me warmth so my feet don't freeze when I drive.
You are all correct - Fleetwood does NOT give a lot of dash heat but warm air is better than outside temp air! Cannot wait til wife retires so I can move out of the Phila area!
Again - many thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cakes09
Back
Top Bottom