RV size bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeFromMesa

Sorry for the long explanation. I think the question will not make any sense without it.

We just got our new RV home and I was looking online for some fitted sheets to fit the "sort of" queen bed in the slide out. As it is designed the bedroom slide is only the bed and the "mattress" is made up of two pads with a combined size of 58" x 76". The full bed itself does not have enough room to fit all the way in when the slide is retracted, and so the design is that the bed is split into 2 parts with head of the bed retracting over (or under, I don't remember) the foot of the bed as the slide is retracted and we are supposed to take the pad at the foot of the bed, put it on top of the one at the head of the bed and retract the slide. That works, but my wife does not want to have to make the bed every night and she want some way to fix the bed so that it can be left as is when retracting the slide.

In theory this actually seemed pretty easy. When the slide is retracted it fits very close to the wall of the adjacent bathroom so I thought that if I left both pads were they were, retracted the slide and lifted the second pad (the one at the foot of the bed) so that it could climb the bathroom wall, the bed would stay together and solve the problem. This actually sort of worked as the second pad climbed the wall properly and the slide completely retracted. The only problem was that when the slide was completely in there was nothing to support the second pad (the first pad completely covered the remaining bed) and the second pad fell to the floor.

That also seemed solvable. Get a fitted sheet, attach it to the bottom of the pads and the fabric would keep the second pad from falling when the bed was retracted. Ha. Solved.

Well, sort of. I went online to try to find fitted sheets for this size bed, but could find nothing that fit, or even came close to fitting. I guess RV beds are not normal sizes, and that is the reason for this long winded post. Is there someplace where I can find fitted sheets for a 58" x 76" bed? Amazon did not have them, CampingWorld did not have them (or at least I could not find them) and I do not know where to look. The sheets have to fit properly to keep the bottom pad from falling to the floor so there is not a lot of leeway in the size.

I was concerned that if I just asked about a 58" x 76" fitted sheet someone would tell me to get a bigger one, and that would not keep the parts of the bed together and so I included the explanation as to why I was asking.

58 X 76, this is close, RV short queen
https://www.amazon.com/Bedding-4-Piece-Microfiber-Hypoallergenic-Breathable/dp/B01MUYJPWS/ref=asc_df_B01MUYJPWS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=219410731339&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7481115085229860144&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016155&hvtargid=pla-361978577174&psc=1

You can tighten up the sheets with these
https://www.amazon.com/Kelofty-Non-slip-Fasteners-Grippers-Tablecloth/dp/B07GCXDRZ5/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1540064409&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=mattress+fasteners&psc=1

spencerpj said:
58 X 76, this is close, RV short queen
https://www.amazon.com/Bedding-4-Piece-Microfiber-Hypoallergenic-Breathable/dp/B01MUYJPWS/ref=asc_df_B01MUYJPWS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=219410731339&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7481115085229860144&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016155&hvtargid=pla-361978577174&psc=1

You can tighten up the sheets with these
https://www.amazon.com/Kelofty-Non-slip-Fasteners-Grippers-Tablecloth/dp/B07GCXDRZ5/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1540064409&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=mattress+fasteners&psc=1

Thank you. I guess I did not look hard enough on Amazon, but I did not know there was such a size as a "Short Queen" or "RV". And the tighteners was also helpful. I have placed an order for both.

Glad to here.  :))

I found them last year on my akward size.  Found correct size shower curtain as well, just type RV in the search line of what you migh be looking for.

If this needs a bit of help, a couple elastic strips connected to the two mattress halves to form a loose hinge may help.

grashley said:
If this needs a bit of help, a couple elastic strips connected to the two mattress halves to form a loose hinge may help.

Thanks for the suggestion. It parallels one I made to my wife but she, unsurprisingly enough, has a completely different idea how to solve this problem. :D And she commented that this sort of thing (how the bed and bedding is handled) is her responsibility so we will do it her way, at least initially and it is hard to argue with that.

I am pleasantly surprised to see that people actually seem to have understood my explanation of the issue. I was afraid that my description was so long and convoluted that no one would understand, but people on this forum seem to have understood. Thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom