Statue of Liberty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricsuz88

I?ve been told that the Liberty State Park in New York has parking available for a motorhome. Then from there you can take the ferry to see the Statue pf Liberty. Is this true?  Has anyone done this?

I have not driven an RV into the park but it is spacious by local standards in that area.  Liberty Harbor RV park is nearby.  It is expensive but it is pretty cool camping across the Hudson from Manhattan.  Whatever you do, plan your drive in and out carefully.  The roads can be tight and tricky.  Plan on the main routes/roads as much as possible and NO tunnels if you have propane.  Stay off Parkways as well.

We stayed at liberty harbor Rv park too. The ferry parking lot charged 10.00 for Rvs and 4.00 for cars.
Either way it's a difficult route to get into.

My guess is the ferry parking lot does not allow overnight parking, just when the park is open.

Is this a trip you're planning now or for the future?

During camping season, I would stay at Croton Point Park and take the train into the city. It's a county park on the Hudson River north of NYC, right on the rail line.

Incidentally, the Statue of Liberty is okay, but Ellis Island is the real attraction.

Thanks for the suggestion of Croton Point Park. We?re looking on visiting the NE U.S. next June. We were out west this past summer for 24 days so want to go east next summer. (We live in MN).

We stayed at Croton Point last summer, would echo Happy Wanderer that this is an excellent county park very close to the train (about a 90 minute run into Grand Central) pretty and convenient. Don't miss the 911 memorial, recommend getting tickets on line ahead of time, the Occulus is amazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom