rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: HWH jack leaking - did I ruin it?  (Read 257 times)

rgnprof

• ---
HWH jack leaking - did I ruin it?
« on: October 22, 2018, 03:46:42 PM »
I am attaching a PDF - my right rear jack (HWH AP7164, 6000lb kick down jack) has been leaking for a while and got much worse this weekend.  I isolated the leak to what looked like a hex screw on top of the actuator - the hex head bolt is actually facing the rear of the coach.  Put a 5/8" wrench on it and starting trying to tighten it down some - evidently not a bolt like that!  In not one my brighter moments I broke the head of this bolt right off and fluid spewed everywhere...

In the PDF, it's part #3 on the right hand pic.  I have tried calling HWH, but they only call you back and I haven't heard from them.  I'm not sure what my options are from this point...

ryan
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:48:16 PM by rgnprof »

Back2PA

• Global Moderator
  • ---
Re: HWH jack leaking - did I ruin it?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »
Last time I called HWH they said it would be 3 weeks for a callback  >:(  You might have better luck at a hydraulic shop
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Cat 350
Eezrv TPMS, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system

PJ Stough

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
Call this guy.  He works for HWH and does troubleshooting.  Have your HWH system number handy when you call him.
Paul Maddox
1-602-549-3638 [email protected]
PJ Stough   Iowa
2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

rgnprof

• ---
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
Yea, they're up to 4 weeks now!  I got a call back from a helpful parts lady and she did what she could to help get me sorted out.  As it turns out, that bolt is a special bolt with a hole through for fluid to flow through and it SHOULD have threaded right out - mine just broke off!  You can buy the hex bolt kit for about $17 at HWH and she talked with a tech who assured me that I should just be able to replace the bolt.  Well, I just got home and moved the actuator away and sure enough, the rest of the broken bolt threaded right out of the jack.  I'm hoping this was also the source of my leak as there are 2 rubber 0-ring washers that fit on this bolt. 

I'll report back when I get the kit installed...

ryan

youracman

• ---
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 08:09:25 PM »
Call this guy.  He works for HWH and does troubleshooting.  Have your HWH system number handy when you call him.
Paul Maddox
1-602-549-3638 [email protected]

^^^^^^ Good advice ^^^^^^^
Be sure and leave a msg/call back number though.  Paul gets a ton of robo calls and if there is no msg, he deletes it.  He's a busy guy, but he always returns calls if you leave a msg and a number.

Good luck with the fix.    ed s
Ed Sievers/Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31C
Toad: 16 Soul with 6spd DIY
"Be the person you needed when you were younger."

rgnprof

• ---
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 08:51:03 PM »
Thanks for the lead...I'll call him after I get the new bolt kit if I need to then.  Maybe I'm mistaken in thinking this will fix my leak, but it sure looks like the system could leak right at this bolt with the 2 0-rings...

rgnprof

• ---
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 08:20:01 PM »
New bolt kit - with 2 new o-rings) came in yesterday - took me about 10 minutes to get things back together and so far everything seems to be working fine.  No leaks and jacks have been down for more than a day.