Family holiday singalongs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[quote author=Tom]... tomorrow I have another procedure requiring anesthesia and intubation; I hope it doesn't compound the issue.[/quote]

Prior to today's procedure I talked to the anesthesiologist and explained the issue resulting from the prior anesthesiology. He decided to change his procedure and not use a breathing tube.

Tom = I went music store shopping today and found two very interesting ukes. The first is a Fender uke that is endorsed by Grace Vanderwaal. I am thrilled she got a major deal with a major company. I did not see one of the ukes on display so I did not try it out. There was however a bass uke that I really liked the looks of so I tried it out and fell in love. It is a lot prettier than mine and the frets are jumbo sized compared to mine and it made it much easier to play. Now I must sell my bass to get this one.  It is $299. I should be able to get $100 for mine. I also noticed a baritone uke and since I have never played one I tried it out but was not impressed. It was more like a small guitar rather than a ukulele. But the neck was sure easier to play. I can't believe I actually made it to two music stores today and did not spend any money. I am slipping. :eek:

Attachments

• Grace uke.jpg
    Grace uke.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Kala bass.jpg
    Kala bass.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 6
Tom said:
Thanks for the info on the alternate fix for scar tissue. How did the therapist break down the scar tissue?

My ENT appointment is next week, but tomorrow I have another procedure requiring anesthesia and intubation; I hope it doesn't compound the issue.
Best of luck. The scar tissue breaking up was a matter of the PT basically tearing it free from what it had stuck to. Not pleasant, but totally worthwhile.

Fender makes a nice product, but a soprano is way too small (short neck) for me. I get by with a concert, but tenor is my ideal size.

It was more like a small guitar rather than a ukulele. But the neck was sure easier to play.

Interestingly, playing a baritone uke is what led me to buy my first guitar; It seemed like a natural progression.

I can't believe I actually made it to two music stores today and did not spend any money.

It's a joke in our band that none of us can visit our preferred music store without coming away with at least one instrument. OTOH this store offers us deals that can't be beat, including online. They have some great techs, and any time I've gone there with a repair, they've dropped whatever they were doing and take care of me.

Tom said:
Fender makes a nice product, but a soprano is way too small (short neck) for me. I get by with a concert, but tenor is my ideal size.
I was not suggesting you buy her uke, I was merely pointing out the fact that it exists, which I find thrilling. I searched for it and found they make both a soprano and a concert which she has her name on. I would not buy any instrument that was endorsed by an artist. Having someones name on an instrument only adds money, not value or playability. I feel the tenor is also my idea size. I am very comfortable playing it. :D
Interestingly, playing a baritone uke is what led me to buy my first guitar; It seemed like a natural progression.
I can see that.
It's a joke in our band that none of us can visit our preferred music store without coming away with at least one instrument. OTOH this store offers us deals that can't be beat, including online. They have some great techs, and any time I've gone there with a repair, they've dropped whatever they were doing and take care of me.
There are four music stores of note in Orlando, two Sam Ash and two Guitar Centers. I don't stop by often enough to get to know any of the salesmen. I don't like salesmen so I try and avoid them. Today I stopped and asked if I could play the bass uke and a salesman got it out of the case and handed it to me. I headed over to get a chord and plugged it into the same Fender amp I have at home. The salesman came up and told me that the bass amps were in another location and pulled the plug and herded me over to the bass amp section. On the way I told I wanted to listen to in the Fender amp because that was what I had at home. He completely ignored me and plugged me into a bass amp. There is no chance I would have bought it from him.

We're fortunate that the folks at our preferred music store never try to sell us anything. They are very accommodating when we visit the store, and allow us to play anything from their huge display. They have also ordered instruments from manufacturers just for me to try, with no obligation to purchase. The store owners (husband and wife) have also attended a number of our concerts as a show of support and appreciation for our business.

Thanks Jeff. Recoveriing my voice is the main remaining concern. Last time this ENT Doc treated me for a similar issue, he inserted a camera up each nostril and down into the trachea. He diagnosed inflamed vocal cords, and prescribed steroids, which did the trick. He told me "I don't prescribe small doses like other docs". Instead of the 'normal' 2/day, tapering to 1/day, he started with 8/day. Hope this will be a similarly simple fix.

[quote author=Hanr3]... can't dance...[/quote]Neither can I; On the dance floor I'm like an elephant with 4 left feet  :(

Dancing is one thing I really miss. I loved to dance all my life. I spent a lot of time in country bars two stepping and line dancing. Way too much fun. :))

I can't dance either. You would think I'm wearing wooden underwear.

Back
Top Bottom