honda eu3000is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packnrat

strange, the honda eu3000is was built for the rv. but does not have a "standard" 30 amp rv plugin.  why?
i know i like to simplify things,
everybody has to use adapters to hook into this unit, and the eu2000, 2200 models. (i know they have lower output) but can run most items, but not a ac unit, when alone.

packnrat said:
strange, the honda eu3000is was built for the rv. but does not have a "standard" 30 amp rv plugin.  why?
i know i like to simplify things,
everybody has to use adapters to hook into this unit, and the eu2000, 2200 models. (i know they have lower output) but can run most items, but not a ac unit, when alone.

the plug you call standard is only standard here in the US.. these gennys are made for world wide use..

what plug would you fit if you had a world market ?

i do not care about what is sold in another country. only here in the U,S of A.  even here we have "ca smog" models, and then 49 state models, in generators, cars, down to the lowly lawn mower.
and seeing as the working parts in the gen (aka: the way the electric is set up, wave length, volts, etc) are different in different country's. why not the plug.
heck, cell phones, cd's, dvd's, and many other items are not the same world wide.
i do not know or know where to get the info but i would say the US market buys more honda generators than the rest of the planet.

Most portable generators 2000W and above come with the NEMA L5-30 locking receptacle as the most common use of portable generators is not for Recreational Vehicles but for commercial or industrial use.

As you've discovered, to use a portable generator for a RV, an adapter is needed so that the TT-30 plug on the RV power cord can be adapted to plug into a L5-30 receptacle.
My Honda generator was shipped with an adapter.

just on u-tube and was watching a video of a "converted" honda eu3000 gen  called  DCX3000 labled ALPHAGEN.
other than the color it is a eu3000. just set up for a different voltage requirement.

so it is done. honda factory? but it started life as a eu3000, guts and plug area are made differently with no ac output.

regval said:
Most portable generators 2000W and above come with the NEMA L5-30 locking receptacle as the most common use of portable generators is not for Recreational Vehicles but for commercial or industrial use.

As you've discovered, to use a portable generator for a RV, an adapter is needed so that the TT-30 plug on the RV power cord can be adapted to plug into a L5-30 receptacle.
My Honda generator was shipped with an adapter.

i bought second hand so factory supplied adapters are unknown to me.
i got tired of the cheap rv adapters so i made my own out of better items, would not pass the looks dept. but will not melt or fail.
was just going to install a rv socket in the unit. but do not want to auger out the hole, so the larger dia part would fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
time window
Back
Top Bottom