2019 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
This topic is provided to provide a chat area to make comments or ask questions if you are interested for the 2019 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally.

When you have finalized travel plans and decided you will be camping with us at the Forum location if you will provide your names, Forum name, Home State, and arr/dep dates we will add you to the attendee list.

Again here is a LINK to the 2019 RV Forum QZ Rallyinformation.

We will be there probably before the official start since we are attending a FMCA rally in Indio.

Kevin and Pam Stalnaker
Iowa
Arrive early, stay late

Won't be camping with you guys, because we wimped out and got a reservation at a full hookup park for our first time in Q.  We're scheduled to be there Dec 1st through Feb 28th.  I thought about just moving out to the desert during the rally, but have heard horror stories of no spot to go back to, even when paid for in advance.  We'll see what they say at the park when we get there.
Will be looking forward to hanging out and doing some Jeep trips, though. 

We will be there but most likely arriving early and staying later. Don?t have exact dates yet. We are fulltime so don?t really have a State to put down. (Originally from Indiana) Looking forward to our first Quartzite experience!

Vicki and Mark Shorter

I will be there, though not sure what date. So,

Caryl Pappas
Everystate
Arrival is unsure atm

I thought about just moving out to the desert during the rally, but have heard horror stories of no spot to go back to, even when paid for in advance

That used to happen with the previous owners of the campground I stayed in this summer. What the seasonal people did when they left with their rvs was to park a car in their spots while they were gone. No one could get into their spots then.  Of course, if you only have one car, then you will be on foot during the rally.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Is this the kind of thing that people come and go or does it have set dates?
Come when you wish, leave when you wish. The dates that Jeff specified are the, er, "official" dates, but that just means that you'll likely find a few of us there on any of those dates. Some folks stay a week, some a couple of days, some the entire time, and there are even sometimes that a few folks will be there for some time before and/or after the "official" dates.

A 4 PM "happy hour" (bring your own drinks, often there'll be snacks there) and, for some, a 10 AM group walk for exercise are probably the only things normally scheduled every day. Usually there'll also be one or two 4WD excursions planned, often led by Terry/Betty Brewer and/or Frank/Barb Weimert.

Otherwise, it's the flea market, the "big tent," and whatever else you can find to do, including lots of visiting.

I plan on coming down to Quartzsite from Lake Havasu for a week or so during the Forum Rally.

I won't be bringing the Stacker as I practically gave it away this summer to a young fellow from Parker.

There were two reasons for letting it go.  The first reason was because I almost got in a huge wreck when I could not stop at the stop light at the bottom of the hill on 95 going south into Parker.  I later discovered that it was because of a break in the brake wire on the Stacker.  With 25,000 pounds pushing me I went right through the intersection.  If anyone had been in front of me It would have been a real mess.

The second reason for letting the Stacker go was to free up the parking space next to the RV Garage for visitors.

See you in Q.

cadee2c said:
That used to happen with the previous owners of the campground I stayed in this summer. What the seasonal people did when they left with their rvs was to park a car in their spots while they were gone. No one could get into their spots then.  Of course, if you only have one car, then you will be on foot during the rally.

I get there early, so I'm hoping to get to know the owner and work something out. If not, it's not that far from downtown to the rally site.

Jerry and Ardra from Nevada plan to be there too.  About Jan. 18-27th.  Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

ArdraF

RVMommaTo6 said:
Is this the kind of thing that people come and go or does it have set dates?

As others have said, come when you wish, leave when you wish. The only date cast in stone is the pot luck. That will be Sat Jan 26th.

Back
Top Bottom