2019 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi All

A few of us are still hanging around Quartzite and it's been quiet and enjoyable. I kinda like it here - without the hub-bub of the show although all the activity was interesting too.  I've sampled 4 of the town's restaurants and not been disappointed so far.  Even saw a chipmunk today so the place has wildlife other just the two-legged kind.  I'm here till Feb. 11, then heading to Joshua Tree NP for a week.  I learned the sneak route outta the forum's gathering spot to town via Kuehn Ave.  . . which also is the easy way to the dumpsters ;)  Hey newbies can get kicks outta the simplest of things.

Still having trouble re-sizing pics I wanted to post so I'll keep at it.  Okay I think I got it. 
Regards
Linda

Attachments

• 20190129_120635-res.jpg
    20190129_120635-res.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190130_180123-res.jpg
    20190130_180123-res.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 26
There was two camp chairs left at the fire ring,, one a red one I think belongs to Linda. The other I have no clue, the name Kamp-Rite is on the back and its frame is steel and heavy.>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
There was two camp chairs left at the fire ring,, one a red one I think belongs to Linda. The other I have no clue, the name Kamp-Rite is on the back and its frame is steel and heavy.>>>Dan

Does it have a bottle opener hanging on the front?

If it does than just throw it away or leave it for anyone that wants it.

Shoot . I had a reply typed out but it disappeared when I tried to post it. Anyway, the chair is mine. I was hoping to have one oe campfire, but the weather doesnt seem to be coooperating. Its gonna get really cold in a couple of nights.

I took a picture of this mornings sunrise. It was pretty dramatic.

Yesterday Hank and I went into Yuma to get his dog food. The desert was full of color, with all kinds of flowers and cactus blooming. Especially near the proving grounds.  I didnt get any pictures though. Maybe later in the week. 

Attachments

• Qsunrise.jpg
    Qsunrise.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 27
Here is a video shot on February 11 showing what was going on in Quartzsite about a week ago.  Should still be the same until the middle of March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xG1e1oUvg4

Nice video -- thanks for the link, Paul. I'm surprised there were any flea market folks remaining, and there's more going on than I'd expected. Love the change in traffic, though.

Jolene and I were in Quartzsite until the end of March one year, lots still going on, but it dwindles like it grows in December, a little at a time.

You don't have to wait for a table at Silly Als.

Silly Als? Lol Is that the place to go?

Yeah looks like I?ll head that way and probably stay in Quartzsite for a little bit. ?

Al makes the best pizza in Quartzite.  (As far as I know it’s the only pizza in Quartzite)
Actually it was pretty good pizza.  We bought a bunch of them to go. - no waiting for a table.

My new favorite in the Q is Taco Mio.  The food is good, but their taco sauce is so good I bought two bottles of it.  Not often that you get heat and flavor at the same time.  I’ve taken that sauce to every Mexican restaurant I’ve been to since.

No warnings regarding the bookstore are adequate. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom