2019 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife and I will be visiting our son, his wife and new granddaughter in Twentynine Palms for the extended weekend. My son and I are tentatively planning a day visit to Quartzite on Monday, Jan 20. I am hoping we can sort of blow in and out for a quick hello and meet some forum members. 

He is also looking for some tow bar parts for his recently purchased 2004 Subatu Outback toad - possibly at the RV Show/tent. It came with some parts but not all. We will be looking to understand how the lights and braking worked. All he has now is a cut off wire set behind the grill.

The real purpose is to meet some of the folks I see on this forum and get a taste of the Quartzite experience for future planning.

Looks as if we'll be departing shortly, spending the night in Raton, so likely we'll arrive sometime on Friday, given that the weather dictates we take I-25 to I-10 then west, rather than going through Flagstaff.

See ya'll then.

All you who are there in Quartzsite now, you wanna make it quit raining and get everything dried out?

It actually looks like it may have stopped raining. The sky is much lighter than it was before. I would guess a lovely desert bloom will begin in a few days. We probably had an inch or more of rain! Lots of washes were running, and some of the streets in town were flooded.

We plan to arrive on Wednesday and leave on the 23rd.

Dan & Jeannine Wainwright

I'm not sure if I can do this, but I am trying to find a list of Solar installer in Quartzsite.
Thanks, Don in AZ

don66 said:
I'm not sure if I can do this, but I am trying to find a list of Solar installer in Quartzsite.
Thanks, Don in AZ
I think most of the guys would be more than willing to help. Lots of us have solar set ups installed.

We are staying in Mesa at an RV Park so won?t be camping with the group as we had planned. We do plan to drive out sometime during the week next week to visit the big ?to-do? and will try to find you all around happy hour. We also plan to try to make the pot-luck dinner on the 26th. Look forward to meeting those of you we have not had a chance to yet.

Vicki and Mark

There are only 4 Forum flags left. They will be available at the pot luck on the 26th. $20 each.

If you won't be at Quartzsite and want a flag, you can order it here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page of logo ware for the flags.

There are only 4 so whoever orders them first will get them.

Thanks for the info and offers. I can do it myself too, but I have just bought a 2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT which did not have prewiring for Solar. I am having La Mesa prewire to roof and then doing my own Solar panel install. No warranty issues with that.

But I only have one (1) AGM battery and want to add another and desiring to find an installer who might be factory authorized, to avoid warranty issues. I need two batteries bad for boon docking. The battery system is very complex and mounted underneath.

I still have a 2012 Winnebago (Sprinter) View G Profile which I will sell in the next month or two. I did my own 150 watt Solar install on it with no problems.

I could only get down to Quartzsite if there was an installer who could do it. By the way we live in Mesa if anyone comes this way.

Best wishes to all.

Don in Mesa,AZ

mrschwarz said:
Any Jeep runs planned, yet?

Funny, that.  DW and I were out playing in Palm Canyon yesterday and stopped by the rally site on the way back into town to ask the same question.  Best answer I got was "later in the week".

Bad news for us. On our way back to our site in Mesa, the engine tripped the MIL and check engine light. It turns out that I won't be able to drive the motor home until it's repaired. The part won't be here until next week, so it looks like we're not going to be able to make it again this year.

See you next year, hopefully.

mrschwarz said:
Bad news for us. On our way back to our site in Mesa, the engine tripped the MIL and check engine light. It turns out that I won't be able to drive the motor home until it's repaired. The part won't be here until next week, so it looks like we're not going to be able to make it again this year.

See you next year, hopefully.

Drive the toad out for the pot luck. That way you won't miss it entirely.

The first picture is from sunset last night, but taken a few seconds after the red sky faded. The second was this morning. There is a reason I like it here!

Attachments

• EB8D3C18-CAEB-48FB-9614-04B2F7705B95.jpeg
    EB8D3C18-CAEB-48FB-9614-04B2F7705B95.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 33
  • FC2D66B5-3C37-4E7A-BE2D-DCA7B0F64780.jpeg
    FC2D66B5-3C37-4E7A-BE2D-DCA7B0F64780.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501