2019 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PJ Stough said:
We should be out at the RV Forum site within the hour.

Paul & Ann

If there?s anyone parked in my spot, chase them away ? we?ll be there in 2.

Today was cold and windy. From our windows we saw a few hardy souls in the gathering place, but we stayed warm inside. We will wait until tomorrow to come out of hibernation.

Offroad Tomorrow-Wednesday 1/23 to Dripping Springs 2.5+ Trail (out of 5.0) High Clearance required (most Jeep Wranglers). Leaving in front of our MoHo (Blue/Silver Tradewinds) at 9AM sharp (bring a lunch, chairs and full tank of gas).
CB required channel 20. Let's have some fun.
Frank & Barb

PS Terry and Betty I'm sure I can work "The Ridge" into the Offroad if you want.

Brewers will be joining the off road trip in morning!

PS With Terry's recent eye surgery (cataract and lens implant)  he will NOT be leading  the traditional Ridge Run trip.  Sorry to  disappoint anyone  but vision is  important. Hope weather  improves to allow  conversations over the  Happy hour time!

Brewers arrived mid day.  Very windy day and  only 53 degrees. 

This RVForum Rally  began for us in 1995 and we've only missed the two years when we traveled to  Mexico. So please do the math to see how many years we  have  been coming to QUARTZSITE!

Usually we arrive earlier in the week but Terry had cataract surgery last week  so let me share with  you the Q events ( so far ) from my perspective in the next post!

Brewers easily found  the RVForum site today even though our normal arrival was delayed by a couple of days due to Terry's recent cataract surgery.

It was WINDY and only 55  as a high!  Sorta cold  for  these old arthritic folks!  With  Government Shutdown in place, there were no volunteers at the Kiosk so we did not pay the  fee to enter  the BLM 2 week area.

I drove our Jeep  into  the RVforum  group area as Terry followed  in mh.  I drove  through the "camp"  and noted the many attendees who had arrived way before us! Most vehicles were with their rigs so I knew people were  home  but not out and about. Smart people avoid inclement weather!

We  got parked and  sat in our RV all day waiting for the wind to stop and for  it to warm up!  I did  see Bill and Pam Nash drive in with a report of crowds in big tent! Saw Mike and Wendy leave and come back. Don't know where they went.  Visited with Henry and Margaret  (our next door neighbors) They reported  BIG crowds at tent  and even came home for lunch.  Texted with Barb and Frank about off road trail tomorrow. Saw John drive in, saw Larry and Mary Ann  leave in Jeep. Saw Bill W come to visit Sarge in his rig. 

Answered a call from Marty and Diane for  directions to our site  but I could see them on the road and Diane  could see me waving my arms. So they  had it right! They parked  next to us.  When Marty and Diane arrived and were  settled ("Sarge" on RVForum) I begged for  a tour of their now 1.5 year old Allegro Bus.  Ahemmmmmm if you are gonna full time this is the way to go!  Diane graciously gave me tips on an induction cook top and on an Insta pot which I see in my future!

Visited with Henry and Margaret on their life events of late!    Hopefully weather will allow us to  gather together tomorrow ( after the Jeep run) so we can catch up !  Jeff and Sue  ventured the " cold" to  give us a visit.  Happy to hear of the  successful/complicated  back surgery  Sue endured.Sue and I enjoyed a glass of wine!

Thank you if you have read this far.... I'm now off to put drops in Terry's eyes! 

Looking forward to Happy Hour tomorrow with winds only 5 to 10 mph. One third of what they were today.

The clear skies had my batteries up to full charge by 2 this afternoon. So far so good with my new solar system. Haven?t needed the genny since arrival on Sunday.

Crowds were big at the Big Tent yesterday and today. Will have to get a water-cooled credit card if I spend much more time there.

8Muddypaws said:
We will be in the Q tomorrow.  Staying at Park Place.

Any jam sessions happening?

Hey, Muddy, stop by site 33 and say "hi" if the Jeep's in front of the motor home.  You'll see the crows.

FrankW said:
Offroad Tomorrow-Wednesday 1/23 to Dripping Springs 2.5+ Trail (out of 5.0) High Clearance required (most Jeep Wranglers). Leaving in front of our MoHo (Blue/Silver Tradewinds) at 9AM sharp (bring a lunch, chairs and full tank of gas).
CB required channel 20. Let's have some fun.
Frank & Barb

PS Terry and Betty I'm sure I can work "The Ridge" into the Offroad if you want.

Is this the trail that starts out at Gold Nugget Road?  If so, I'll meet you at the freeway on ramp at Riggles Ave.  I'm staying down the road at Park Place.
If not, I'll have to get an early start and meet you out there.

Old_Crow said:
Is this the trail that starts out at Gold Nugget Road?  If so, I'll meet you at the freeway on ramp at Riggles Ave.  I'm staying down the road at Park Place.
If not, I'll have to get an early start and meet you out there.

Wally
We'll be taking Kuehn Rd to the start of off road
You can meet us at the intersection of Kuehn Rd and Riggles
Frank

So happy you are reporting from Quartzsite once again!  You know I love your reports.  The eye drops are the only really bad parts of cataract surgery.  They seem to go on forever but are so worth it.  Hang in there, Terry!  Have a great time in Quartzsite and say hello to anyone who might still remember us. 

I just stopped using the eye drops from my cataract surgery a few days ago.  I wish they would do my other eye soon.  What a difference.

We will be in the Q tomorrow.  Staying at Park Place.

Any jam sessions happening?

I know for a fact that we have one guitar player and one awesome singer in this group. Im sure if you bring your toys...errr instruments,,, something will happen. I dont sing nor play, but I sure enjoy listening. Im sure there are others who feel the same.

Back
Top Bottom