2019 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may be back in a couple of weeks for a bit. My cousin and her BF are still traveling with me. We are in Rockport this week. Considering going to Brownsville before they head home. It started snowing and freezing in Spokane as soon as they got here, so they are in no hurry to head back. If they head back soon and we dont go to Brownsville, then I plan on heading to Quartzsite until the Escapade in Tucson. It sure is different travelling with people.

HueyPilotVN said:
Maybe you should warn her about the bookstore....

There's nothing to warn about.  Paul Winer (the nudist proprietor) has been seriously ill for the past 13 months, and the few times he has been at the bookstore this year he, like the rest of the staff, has been fully clothed.

There's nothing lewd about the store itself, they have a remarkable collection of books on all topics including some rare editions you wouldn't expect to find in the middle of the desert.

Not often that you get heat and flavor at the same time. 
That's what's so great about most New Mexican style food I've had. Since you bought that sauce, you might try 505 products*. We always have the 505 brand green chile sauce on hand for burritos, enchiladas, etc., and they have quite a range of products. And certainly that's a reason that Hatch (a town in southern NM) chiles are so well thought of.

* 505 is the New Mexico area code

Utclmjmpr said:
Bill,, The Desert Quail is the correct name,, and is usually good when they have a cook.>>>Dan

Is there a place called The Desert Quail, or are you thinking of The Mountain Quail on Moon Mountain Road?

You are correct PJ,.  Last year  (one of many) we were there one early evening and  after being seated was told it would "be awhile"
"awhile" was two and one half hours after taking the orders,,,,the cook had quit and they tried to cover it without much success.>>>D

We went to the Times 3 restaurant one night when they were having some Mexican dish as the special.  Tried it and it was really good.  When we commented to the waitress, she told us that their cook used to work at Taco Mio.  The Times 3 has a pretty good chicken fried steak, and the chocolate silk pie is awesome.

Best place we found in Quartzsite is Lin's Chinese Buffet...in Yuma. 

I'm thinking of heading to Quartzsite just to check it out for a day or two before heading back to AL. We may have to look into some of these some of the food and the Bookstore suggestions.

Are there any preferred areas to look for?

Utclmjmpr said:
You GOTTA do biskets and gravy at BAD BOYS,, :p :p

X10 what Dan said.  The B&G are perfection.  Also the french toast and waffles!  Good coffee too and at 25 cents a cup, you can't go wrong.

I came back to Quartzite 3 days ago after a week at Joshua Tree and been at the Road Runner free 14-day area but I'm leaving today for Phoenix and a week of "life" chores that are seriously interfering with travels :(.  Still plenty of things going on at Q but I notice many of the parking lots formerly filled with RVs for sale are now empty.  The BLM areas appear cleared out and there are lots of nice places to set-up.  The Kuehn St. tent vendors are still set-up as well as many along Main St.  The traffic is great - which is to say there isn't any except at the gas stations, which always seem to be busy when I pull in.

If you're looking for something to do in Q besides eat, the Musuem (next to Silly Als) is said to be pretty good. Operated by local Hist. Society.  I still haven't found time to visit it, but will certainly do so next year. 

I hit the Coyote market again for fresh stuff and if you like Barbecue Ribs, you must try theirs from the "steam" table.  Really good, meaty, and falls off the bones of course.  At 6.99 per pound you can hardly buy them and cook them yourself for less.  Grab a bunch of their coleslaw to go with ribs - uhmmmmm! really tasty (and healthy veggie).  They have a small selection of other salads, barbecue chicken, etc. that is all prepared on-site (not bought in cans).

Sorry to miss you Dan and Cadee (and others maybe headed to Q).  Since I have no plans yet for where I'll be after March 1, I may be back to Q also after that.  Or, I may still be in Phoenix for trailer repairs, getting fan installed etc. -- that all depends on how quickly the dealer gets the work done.

Cheers to all
Linda

The DW and I are still at Park Place RV park and probably will be until the last week of March.
Hmmm, Bad Boys B&G...I might just get dressed and take the DW to breakfast, now that you've reminded me of that.

Im heading to Brownsville next week, then going to Tucson to meet up with the solos for a pre rally before Escapade. After Escapade, I have no plans until May when I head over to Oklahoma then up to Minnesota. So basically, the month of April I will be wandering around somewhere.

Now Im hungry for biscuits and gravy. Thanks folks.

Well Our address has changed...
We are just outside Quartzsite at the LTVA site.... 33?35'59.8"N 114?11'31.3"W

After a day of rain that turned into to snow we got the feeling that Mother nature wanted us to leave. Not to mention that the area was starting to fill up with water.

We got here about lunch time and have already check out the Book store. I have the B & G on my list along with the Pizza place. Of course My Wife intends to spend a lot of time looking at rocks.

Attachments

• Tonto snow.jpg
    Tonto snow.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Our new home.jpg
    Our new home.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 26
Didn't make b&g yesterday, but we did finally hit the all you can eat fish fry at Sweet Darlene's.  Now I see why it's so darn crowded every Friday.

I see you're camped not too far from the Magic Circle.  8)

We would like to have hit the Escapade, but alas, no time.  While in Tucson, if heading east, stop in Benson for a mini rally.  We are at the SKP Saguaro park with Chet and Lori and Dan and Jeanine.  There are often sites to rent and there is also a boondocks lot.

Old_Crow said:
I see you're camped not too far from the Magic Circle.  8)

Yeah ...I didn't know what the Magic Circle was all about...The Lady that checked us in gave me a heads up....The Wife said keep driving, ;D ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom