Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

white water

I recently ordered an Anderson hitch. The coupling that mounts to the kingpin on my 5er will not fit on the kingpin. Anderson immediately sent another. it will not fit either. There is front to back play but no side to side play on the coupling and it gets jammed on the sides before it is inserted enough to slip the bolts in. I bought my 5er new 7 months ago. HAs anyone ever heard that perhaps the kingpin is out of round?

Anything is possible but I would doubt it was out of round. They are machined on a lathe and it would have to come out round.
You need to measure the OD of the king pin with a set of verniers.
Did you inspect it real good for the possibility of  having burrs on the sides caused by a 5th wheel hitch latch jaws.  This would make it seem that it's out of round. If there are burrs, just take a metal file and remove them. 
As a last resort, just call the dealer and explain the situation to them.  Something like that may be covered by the warrantee.

I wet sanded the kingpin with emery cloth. It shines like chrome now!
  I contacted Anderson again this morning. They said they would mill another for me with a slightly bigger hole. Wow! that is customer service. Ill let you know how that works out

I've had my Andersen for a year.  I had no problems like that, but I have found their customer service to be top rate as well.  Let us know how it works out!

As promised, Anderson sent me a new coupler that slipped right on. How many companies would do that? It pulled great and I am very pleased with the set up. And I am even more pleased with Anderson Customer Service!

Back
Top Bottom