Workcamping in Yellowstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
For anyone interested in working in Yellowstone they have just opened up the posts for 2019:

https://careers-xanterra.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchCompany=4271&utm_source=RPI&utm_medium=email&utm_content=86825&utm_campaign=YNP_181023_Newsletter_Guest&PID=54977996&PN_email=2QJOkLt3YUPbUmvhVczv4Pmg1tRRxVDw5pr9vrrJjcfAzYLaNcThnefmjmEd4R4xM2siAX0g6IkM1k5NqXybdFi804e8g2sGq8dnBIQkDl0%3D&mobile=false&width=1171&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420

Good morning!  Just received confirmation of a 2019 summer job at Canyon Village!  First time workcamping! Starting May 16.....driving up from Oklahoma with a 20ft TT.....any recommendations on best route to take to avoid snow if possible?

If you get on 80 west, then 84 to 15, you should avoid most of it. Then you would go in the west entrance.  About 50 miles to Canyon.  I lived and worked at Old Faithful for 10 years. 

Another option is going through WY and in south, but that entrance would typically not be open yet. 

Thanks Bill! I've been reading your older posts to learn what I can.....I have an Outdoors RV Creekside....4 season, been in the 20s here in Oklahoma and it hasn't froze up......I want to be prepared when I get there.....any advice?

Getting there in May, and at Canyon, there will still be freezing nights, and good chance for more snow.  I would either get a heated hose, I just purchased a Camco, nice feature is 2 female ends, with a male-male adapter, you can use in either direction depending on where the electric connection is.  It will likely be a little muddy still from the melt.  So proper footwear.  Some wood pads for your levelers.  Good binoculars!  Decent camera, you will want to take pics of everything.  Canyon in May the falls will probably be ice free, but there may still be some evidence of the winter snow bridge. 

Join Yellowstone Forever at the VC, your member card will get you discounts (15%) off at the General Store, your Xanterra ID will get you 30% off at bookstore but nothing at DNC. 

Go to ranger talks!  Have dinner at the Lake Hotel,  usually best dining in the Park,  OF Inn,  meh. 

Any specific questions fire away.

My wife and I will be in the area, just not working in the park, we will be based in West Yellowstone.

This would be such a wonderful opportunities. Are these types of positions easy to obtain?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom