Has anyone altered their dinette table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuts_up

We aren't skinny people and eating at the dinette feels a little cramped to me.  I like the storage the benches allow, but that table seems too big.  Has anyone here ever altered their table or replaced the table top with a smaller one?  I realize having a smaller table top would make it impossible to convert the dinette to a bed (which we haven't done yet and don't plan to do often) but I think it would be more comfortable for dining.  If we put the old top in the shed we could drag it out when we need the extra bed.  Has anyone else done this?

I haven't told dh about this new plan yet.  ;D

Interesting.  I've never heard of anyone doing this, but it seems like it should be simple enough to do.  Especially if you have access to tools.  Just make a new one, and either swap it with the current "leg or legs" (however your dinette is currently attached), or just buy a whole new leg. 

DH says he's got power tools and he's not afraid to use them.  ;D

A longer table would be great if we had a slide.  Maybe he can create something that extends so it doesn't have to be long all the time.  Now I'm dreaming.  I'm not even sure he'll go along with my other plan yet.

You can often add several inches to the length, depending on what is opposite the table. Or add a hinged drop leaf to the end.  Or get a sliding leaf mechanism and have a removable leaf that you insert adjacent to the wall when needed. Hardware for any of those is readily available through woodworker supply shops or catalogs.

But simply creating a different shape table is usually quite easy. The typical dinette table attaches to the wall with a metal bracket that you either unhook or slide out of a groove in a matching wall bracket. The table half of the bracket is usually just screwed to the table top, so you can easily move it to the replacement top. Have your DH take a look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom