We did it too! -- new Nexus Phantom 31P (our first)......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanAndKaty

Good god, what have we done?  :D

We pick up our new motorhome tomorrow. Scary, but far more excited.

Where exactly is the steering wheel, again???

Attachments

• Phantom-small.PNG
    Phantom-small.PNG
    282.9 KB · Views: 52
Nice, Maybe you got the AutoPilot version, with lane assist.
Congrats, good times ahead

Arch Hoagland said:
Nice RV!!! Where are you going for the first trip?

Thank you... We shopped around a ton for floorplan, floorplan, floorplan and this finally nailed it closer to anything else we saw. Not sure where we're headed first. Next weekend likely. Somewhere relatively "local" for a night or two, 60-100 miles away.

Congrats!
I suggest the first trip be in the driveway. Make sure you can hook up power, water, and sewer. Got a bottle opener?

For your first short trip, get a site with water, electric, and sewer.  That way you can try out all of your systems on that first trip. I was lucky in my shake-down weekend in having hot weather to check the AC, cold weather at night to test furnaces, rain to check for roof leaks, and some helpful neighbors who noticed water coming out of the hot water tank vent on side of my rig and helped me put on a missing cap on the connection that was leaking! 

Oh, and don't forget a handful of flashlights.  I had packed mine and had to dig through multiple boxes to find them, which is when the helpful neighbors stepped in to fix my open connection outside in the dark.

We did indeed stay last night in our driveway after picking it up and going through orientation at the dealer that afternoon. And yes, we killed a bottle of wine in the process. Got to know the tv remote pretty well and I?m amazed at what channels the antenna pulls in over the air. The bed was quite comfortable and of course our heads are swimming with ideas on little tweaks to make and where to put what and little customizations. We got a lot our preliminary shoppimg done already, for 15-30-amp cords, dehumidifiers, a Slunky, a after-pressure gage, kitchen stuff, a fridge fan, and tc. etc. etc. I cut some carpet inserts for the entry steps and put some bright yellow tape on the interior door handle and latch, because it?s all black there and not real easy to see, specially for visitors, exactly what to grab. Need three LED lights to put in strategic places where more light is needed and a shopping list of lots more little items... Still a little bit in sticker shock, although I think we got a pretty good deal, but that will all fade, I?m sure, as the fun and familiarity kick in. And yes, heading to a full-service campground next weekend to do the full plug-in experi nice.... Good times ahead, I?m sure, and we?ll be frequent visitors here too, of course.

Looking at 31P tomorrow.. just found this site -  Any last minute tips and things we should inspect closely with this specific model?  All  goes well bringing home this weekend.  Thank you. 

J32952 said:
Looking at 31P tomorrow.. just found this site -  Any last minute tips and things we should inspect closely with this specific model?  All  goes well bringing home this weekend.  Thank you.

Good luck with your search, and let us know how it goes!

Pros: the steel-frame construction; the floorplan of course (TV in the overbunk spot but it swivels out a LOT); tons of under-storage (and it's heated!); really liked the interior colors; not overly obnoxious on the outside graphics; big/deep sink; locking large interior drawer underneath dinette seat; comfy seating all around; large microwave oven; cool storage at the overcab's pillow end; nice-sized TVs; quality all solid-wood hardwood cabinets; surprisingly comfy bed; above-floor heating vents; lots of interior storage; lighting in all under-floor storage compartments; moveable recliner chair (just un-do the floor bracket); lots of storage in cab area; amazingly good over-air TV reception; decent kitchen counter space with flip-up extension.... and more to come, I'm sure.

Cons: No standard oven (we'll get by!); no swiveling cab seats; the factory forgot to wire our mirror cams (dealer will fix of course); would have loved slide-out racks in tall skinny kitchen cabinet; lighting is lacking in a couple small specific spots (thermostat on wall, over dinette table for games, etc.); pretty small LCD screen at dashboard; auto-step was low and unnecessary for us so we had it removed; very slippery flooring between seats in cab; no USB ports in bedroom (easy fix); no auto-leveling system (but it kept the price down too!); giant-type "Nexus" website address on back of RV (will be removed!)... There's isn't really anything major for us (knock on wood) on the con side -- so far we're loving it!

Thank you.  Unit we expect to buy doesn?t have auto level (if turns out we need I?m told the 3rd party systems better). If no pullout drawers in the vertical galley cabinet I will install.  Didn?t want a tiny oven, ok with that.  No USB in bedroom?  That?s goofy but easy to solve.  I?ll check the lighting.  Long as backup camera works I?m ok, screen in my truck is small, but useful. 
  Been looking at (and for) a 31P for months.  Found one that fit our budget..flying in morning to see it, test it and have a bank check in my briefcase with hopes to give it to dealer.  Thank you for prompt response

J32952 said:
Thank you.  Unit we expect to buy doesn?t have auto level (if turns out we need I?m told the 3rd party systems better). If no pullout drawers in the vertical galley cabinet I will install.  Didn?t want a tiny oven, ok with that.  No USB in bedroom?  That?s goofy but easy to solve.  I?ll check the lighting.  Long as backup camera works I?m ok, screen in my truck is small, but useful. 
  Been looking at (and for) a 31P for months.  Found one that fit our budget..flying in morning to see it, test it and have a bank check in my briefcase with hopes to give it to dealer.  Thank you for prompt response

You?re quite welcome. Good luck, and I hope you find The Perfect One or at least darn close. Let us know how it goes!

Wife wants me to ask if you plan to get auto leveling and/or how you like or dislike without. Thx
(At the airport? excited to see ?our? new RV).

I won't have another motorhome without auto levelling. Trailers aren't so bad to level. Just add blocks under the low side tires, and adjust front to back with the tongue jack. The class C we have is a bunch of work with all kinds of blocks to level side to side and front to back. The fiver is easy. Get off the hitch, move the truck out of the way, and push the button. Done.

J32952 said:
Wife wants me to ask if you plan to get auto leveling and/or how you like or dislike without. Thx
(At the airport? excited to see ?our? new RV).

Not much of a data sample to work with in this one, but from what we?ve seen, we?re fine without the auto-leveling. Not that it wouldn?t be nice ? I know it would be. But not having it is probably what made us be able to afford this motorhome in the first place, and I?ll be content with it as-is and count my blessings. A few more minutes of work when you arrive just isn?t going to bother me. I know others might be a little spoiled and will think I?m crazy but it?s just frosting on the cake as far as I?m concerned. Plain cake is pretty good too.

Disappointed..they had a week to prepare and it was not ready. Had only one locking pulli out under dinette, missing some items shown in photos, fit and finish not up to what we expected from Nexus ( minor wood work defects), one potentially serious issue with overhead of cab (one side appears to be sagging). Obviously during prep discovered the pipes to water tank leaked under pressure. Leak also under kitchen sink. 
    Bought one way airplane tickets..meeting them tomorrow but may just keep the rental car & explore the beautiful leaves changing. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom