RVing in Japan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We lived in Misawa, Japan for 4 years. Did a lot of tent camping. Roads a very narrow and many have sewer ditches right beside them just wide enough for a tire. Gas is also very expensive. Having said the if you get the chance to travel around Japan and camp you will love it. Beautiful countryside and fun people.

Considering the amount of radiation coming out of Fukushima, I dont think I would be touring Japan too much. Not on my short list.

muskoka guy said:
Considering the amount of radiation coming out of Fukushima, I dont think I would be touring Japan too much. Not on my short list.

From Wood?s Hole Oceangraphic Institution:

The site of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant is an ongoing source of radionuclides (pdf) in to the ocean?something I've seen evidence of in my data and published since 2011. However, the rate of release has fallen significantly since March 2011. At current rates of release, it would take 5,000 years to equal the amount of cesium that entered the ocean in the first month of the accident. For the workers at the site, direct exposure from leaking storage tanks is of greater health concern because exposure from these concentrated sources is much higher. For the general public, it is not direct exposure, but uptake by the food web and consumption of contaminated fish that is the main health concern from the oceans.

To each their own. You can probably get a bus tour of Chernobyl too, but count me out. Of course they are going to say there is no threat to the public. How are they going to evacuate the whole country. It is a problem that will go on for hundreds, if not thousands of years. I saw a documentary that showed very high levels of radiation all over the pacific, including the western shores of the USA. They basically said Hawaii should be evacuated due to the high levels. I believe at least two of the reactors have, and still are melting down, with no way to stop them.

muskoka guy said:
To each their own. You can probably get a bus tour of Chernobyl too, but count me out. Of course they are going to say there is no threat to the public. How are they going to evacuate the whole country. It is a problem that will go on for hundreds, if not thousands of years. I saw a documentary that showed very high levels of radiation all over the pacific, including the western shores of the USA. They basically said Hawaii should be evacuated due to the high levels. I believe at least two of the reactors have, and still are melting down, with no way to stop them.

https://www.chernobyl-tour.com/english/

You are probably at more risk of radioactivity from the storage of expended uranium from Canadian and US plants.  More particular, you are definitely at more risk from carbon emissions with your new provincial government backing away from carbon pricing.
    Japan has major distances north to south, and Fukushima is not near any LARGE population center.  It is on the east coast, and like here, the prevailing winds are west to east.

Ed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom