TRAVELING FOR MY WORK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candcbargains

Looking for suggestions on a class A that has lots of room for storage as my job requires it. I am self employed and own a high end consignment shop in Asheville, NC, Come Janurary we always leave the mtns of NC to head south to hunt for treasures to sale at my shop...Here?s the route and setup we?re planning (For Year 2020): NC>>>Clearwater, FL>>>PCB, FL>>>Tally, FL>>>Gulfport, MS, Savannah, GA>>>Charleston, SC/Georgetown, SC/Myrtle Beach, SC, Greensboro, NC and back home to the mtns by Oct. For the Motorhome we?re also looking at dolly TOADING a 1999 Chevy Suburban, we?ve not bought a motor home as of yet and was wondering on the storage capacity also can one have roof cargo carriers soft sided? (Husband jokes we just need to buy a tractor trailer)...Also suggestions on NICE RV parks would be appreciated also. Thanks so much for reading.

Can't help you on what class A to select but I do have a question.

Have you consulted your tax adviser about the tax deductions available to you for business use? 

I used my class A for some business reasons and was able to deduct certain expenses that were incurred. 

I am in luck with that part of my business my CPA is my next door neighbor and own's our neighborhood H&R Block. Anyone who own's or is thinking of owning a business should always find a CPA that will make a list of everything u need to save, it's amazing what you can write off...If I have any idea I "MIGHT" be able to write something off I save receipts and take down a few notes referring to them and she let's me know a simple yes or no. Thank o=you for thinking of me in this way it really meant alot..:)

A toyhauler type motorhome might be good for you if you may need to haul bulky items. Otherwise, you simply need a large coach to get more "basement" storage (the bays under the floor).  Longer and taller coaches have more storage underneath.

A "toyhauler" has a roomy garage intended to carry an ATV, motorcycle or golf cart, plus a ramp for driving them on/off. Very convenient, but obviously you give up living space to get the extra storage. Take a look at the Thor Outlaw as an example of this type.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/outlaw-class-a/

Another solution for big items might be to pull a trailer that is large enough to carry a car plus whatever stuff you buy.  That would require a diesel pusher Class A to get towing capacity sufficient for a 10,000 (or more) lb trailer.

I am so thankful to have found this site. You guys ROCK as they say. Gary I live 45 mins from Black Mtn and daddy bought our first travel trailer a 1975 30? Prowler from Tom Johnson?s camping center in Marion, NC of which I still own today with the 1972 Blazer that pulled her MANY MANY miles to Pegion Forge, TN...Don?t get me wrong she?s got storage but is VERY heavy to pull some name their rigs now well I named ours back before it was ever popular...My Blazer is Sally and my Prowler is Suzy. We?re keeping those for the Rod Run?s Etc over in Pegion Forge as I won?t be doing work in that area. Precious Memories how they linger..I lost daddy in 2014 and OH how he loved to camp...Here is the basic?s as to why I am camping it for so many months...I was left with a 50 grand note on the houses (2) sitting on 5 acres...Figured it was cheaper to hit the road with my disability backpay and rent out the 2 homes for the payment due every month and let someone else pay the utilites than me try and do everything for both in order to keep from loosing them. I am wheelchair bound and it?s hard to ?UPKEEP? 2 homes just for my husband and I but I wouldn?t DARE even THINK of selling what my precious daddy worked so hard for...He raised a strong and determined daughter..let?s just hope I do him PROUD.

Gary we're very proud of our area here in western NC and for the little town I live in you'd be surprised at the local discoveries I can find to sell (Online and my shop)...BUT we do love the FL/Southern area and with us getting older (I'm 51, Hubby's 55) and both disabled with various "problems" we can't take the harsh winter's of NC, so why not hit the road and work right? The 5 acres I own was originally a "Homestead" type property with lots of animals when I was a child and daddy kept it immaculate. If you've never been to the Rhododendron festival in my mtn's I'd love to invite you guys to come during that time when we brown our Queen that goes on to compete in the Miss. North Carolina pageant...Spruce Pine, NC campground would be your cleanest campground..would love to meet you guys and sit around a camp fire once again....Connie C

We don't have an RV anymore, so we lease a cottage for 5 months each summer in Black Mountain, just off the Lake Tomahawk Park.  While we still had the motorhome, we camped at Mama Gertie's RV Park on the mountain above Swannanoa.    Florida has been our permanent home since 1977, so we think anything under about 73 is cool and 50 is frigid!

Back
Top Bottom