Manual or auto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skiberry

Like many, I?m switching to Dish and looking for help deciding on an antenna. With the other guys, I used a portable manual dish and could find the bird in a matter of minutes, thanks to the fact that my Directv receiver emitted an audible signal-strength beep, eliminating the need for shouting back and forth or using an inline signal meter.
I?d like to get a big Dish antenna with 3 LNBs, but am worried about aiming it. My home Hopper does not emit an audible signal-strength beep, so I wonder if the mobile Wally does. If not, can anyone recommend an easy-to-read inline signal meter that actually works? And is there any cheating when it comes to setting skew? Never had to worry about that with my archaic setup.
Appreciate any and all advice.

YOu can buy devices that hook up to the antenna and let you aim it.. Prices vary from a low of around 100 dollars for a good one ( Those little beeping analog meters are  in my opinion crap) to over a thousand for a professional.

You want a digital meter
The good ones (even at the low end of "Good") identify the satellite you are looking at as well as the signal strength.

Back
Top Bottom