Fine tuning music lead sheets for Christmas concerts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The Maestro has been busy again making needed changes to our lead sheets in preparation for upcoming concerts. Checking stuff out, file conversions, playlist updates, and updating our online portfolio kept me busy last evening. Changes/updates come about as the result of a number of things, including:

• Mistakes in prior versions that come to light during weekly band practices.
  • Injecting variety to help keep the audience awake/engaged, such as vocal &/or instrument solos, alternating men/ladies parts, instrumental breakouts (one of my favorites is when the 'banjoukers' stand for our instrumental breakout), changing key for various reasons, simplifying chords/progressions that work better for the wide range of skills, including the large number or newcomers.
With only 7 rehearsals before our main (adult) concert on 12/14, the Maestro needs to lock things down and drill us through a final playlist, although I see a few more lead sheets that need tweaking. I'm sure this will be another great concert for the Delta Strummers that promises to be another sellout. We're planning to be out of town visiting family for the (extended) holidays, but I hope to again have some fun singalongs with family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom